.45 options

If you're going to spend a bunch of money (upwards of $1,000) on a tax stamp, suppressor and threaded barrel it doesn't make any sense to go and buy a $150 Hi Point or the cheapest 1911 out there as the host.

Buying a cheap 1911 and then upgrading the parts over time is either going to end up costing a lot more than a decent 1911 upfront or is just going to be a cheap 1911 with a mish mash of parts.

TruthTells said:
Other options would be the Ruger SR45 or American, but I don't think threaded barrels are available for those, correct? Then I thought 1911 and threaded barrels are available for those, but 1911's are generally pricey unless they're a Rock island.
Metro Arms
Llama (the new Llama)
Auto-Ordnance
Shooters Arms Manufacturing (S.A.M. - imported by Advanced Tactical/ATI)
Regent (Turkish)

TxFlyFish said:
FNX is a toy next to a USP or HK45

A typical comment from someone who has no experience with the FNX.

My FNX-45 is excellent. It has digested literally thousands of rounds, including every type of factory ammo I could find, and many different reloads, and has never stumbled once. The OP could buy a standard FNX and add the barrel and sights as needed.

Look for a decent STI Spartan V 1911, if you can find a decent one for close to what they went for new while they were still making them(@$650) you’ve got yourself a nice piece.

My FNX-45 is one of my favorite “toys!” I liked it so much, I went and got an FNX-9 too. Mine is not a tactical version, so the price was not high at all considering the quality. And, as has already been pointed out, you can always look to getting a threaded barrel later if desired.

A typical comment from someone who has no experience with the FNX.

My FNX-45 is excellent. It has digested literally thousands of rounds, including every type of factory ammo I could find, and many different reloads, and has never stumbled once. The OP could buy a standard FNX and add the barrel and sights as needed.
You should not assume. I’m glad you like yours. Imho FNXT is an overpriced range gun of questionable construction and abysmal support. Thank goodness I did not pay sticker price

I've got an HK45, a gun I long wanted, bought about 4 years ago. It has some issues, but has been reliable and is accurate with loads it likes. Got a good deal on it, but it's been a nice pistol. Only thing I dislike about it, is if you slam a new mag in, the slide drops without you wanting it to purposely. I'd like to try a Sig P227, as the 226 fits my hand well and from what I understand it is about the same size.

Back