45 auto primer size choice, buying brass

What primer size should I get for 45 auto?

• Get large primer, its what it was designed for

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • Get small primer, keep your primers the same

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Get small primer, keep your primers the same
?? Most of my revolvers use the large primer :) . At any rate, I toss any small primer .45 Auto cases or just leave on the ground... or did... I don't collect .45 Auto any more anyway, as .45 Colt does everything it can do and more. No reason to even use the .45 Auto SA cylinders from my perspective.

Would buy the large pistol primed. Eventually all my specially segregated cases get mixed in with older/range pick ups "range brass". Saves buying new brass to replenish stock. Also during the last shortages, large primers seemed easier to find, although that's just a recollection.

The only time am buying new 45 acp brass anymore is for "vermin" full powered jacketed. And haven't bought any new for quite a while.

I note that Blazer is a CCI brand, and that before it became Cascade Cartridges, Inc., CCI was Speer Cartridge Works. I wouldn't be in least surprised if the Speer ammo those cases came from was actually made by CCI on the same line they make Blazer on, but with a change in the headstamp and packaging.

I agree -- when you see small primer .45 brass from CCI, Blazer and Speer, you can see the slight "domed" look and you can tell that it is extruded brass. It's long been my assumption that these three headstamps are all kicked from the same machines.

Back