44 SPL for pocket carry

you would be lucky to nail one guy with a 5 rd snub nose 44spl revolver
Reads pretty clear to me, and I'm sure most others. No comprehension problems when you make a statement pointing out one particular firearm, and caliber. If you ment any handgun, that is what you should have said!

With practice, snubs can be shot very accurately.
Most people won't take the time to learn to shoot them, or think that the guns aren't accurate. Barrel length has nothing to do with inherent accuracy.

I hit the 12" plate at ~60Y with my .44Spec Bulldog quite regularly shooting single action. Figure if I can hit that far out, I can surely put a bullet center of mass at 0-15Y....

I can ring 8" plates pretty regularly at 40 yards with my 2" Smith......
I suggest that your SD shooting will not resemble that.

Many people believe the if they can shoot well at 25 yards or 30, they will do well at 10 feet.

They may not.

The problem with a .44 Bulldog is not accuracy. It is the ability of the defender to consistently place a sufficient number of hits timely and well on the attackers.

I would not bank on that before spending a couple of days in a defensive pistol shooting class with a really good instructor.

Watch how much easier it is for those with pistols with more capacity and less recoil.

I kind of figred ONE well placed 44 special will do the job.
Double taps are for 9mm.

David

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

I carry my old CA bulldog with 200 gr Gold Dot In jacket or pocket its not hard to conceal. I over laid mine on my 36 and its just a little bigger. Become my #1 to go to for carry revolver . Wife is carrying it a present time .

Quote:
you would be lucky to nail one guy with a 5 rd snub nose 44spl revolver
Reads pretty clear to me, and I'm sure most others. No comprehension problems when you make a statement pointing out one particular firearm, and caliber. If you ment any handgun, that is what you should have said!

LOL.....cheapshooter, you took that out of context. I said in a SHTF panic situation, you would be lucky to nail one guy with a 5 rd snub nose 44 spl revolver, and I still hold to that. How many of those situations have you been in? I apologize for hurting your feelings about your gun. I know you love it just as I love mine.

I carry my bulldog sometimes. It is just a little bigger than a J frame, but bigger enough that it is a coat pocket gun rather than a pants pocket gun. 44 special is one of my favorite calibers. It is fun to shoot.

Well this thread kind of went off the rails...

Trading out a five shot revolver in a combat-cartridge for a different five shot revolver in a combat-cartridge seems like fan fair more than pragmatism.

As for pocket guns, I go with either a Sig 938 or a Kahr PM9, or if my pockets are a bit bigger, a Glock 43. 7 rounds of 9mm in a platform that slips into a pocket in my dress pants much easier than a revolver.

ive always wanted to try out the older Taurus 445 .44 spl 2" revolver. never found one locally but knowing the design they would be considerably for suitable for the round that the similar sized Charter Arms guns.

was thinking about the Ruger LCR, but price is a bit steep.

The difference in price between a Bulldog and an LCR isn't really that much. For something that you'll be trusting with your life over a long period of time, it's negligible. If you like the LCR, just skip a few luxuries to make it up. Since you reload, you might also consider the .327 Federal version. It gives you six shots, manageable recoil, and more power than 9mm.

ANY modern hand gun is vastly more accurate than the hand holding it. Worry less about the size of your peni........uhh....bullet and worry about shooting worth a dern under stress. Get some training.

Tupperware is Tupperware is Tupperware in my opinion.
The beauty of this forum is that it is full of opinions, each valid to the one who holds it and every one has every right to hold their own.

Back