412 lb deer?

Not Photoshopped......very easy to prove. Enlarge the photo so you can see individual pixels, if the pixs are the same size for the entire picture and there are no distortions, it's an original. These appear to be untouched.

Here's a manipulated photo where they tried to extend the antlers. Notice how the pixels are different size and blurred.
bigonebogus.png

Welll I was talking about the 412 lb. Nebraskan monster. But on the montster buck that FirstFreedom posted I want to say fake MAYBE..I was reading the forum with the link that FirstFreedom gave. And a shadow is casted on the building which is a good distance from the truck.. Would a shadow from an antler cast that far? Thats what makes me lean towards the fake side.

regarding the first Nebraska photo

They are at least taking advantage of Perspective. They are sitting well behind the deer and have arms fully extended to hold the antlers. The photo of the rear of the animal really shows what they are doing. Big rear end, but the rack and head now look normal in the guys hand.

Just look at how long the arrows in the quiver look.

Just like holding that 3 lb bass at arms length and saying its a 7.

Still a nice deer.

NOW I AM THOROUGHLY DEPRESSED SIOTWO,

Not Only will guys dummy up a Deer picture, but your saying that they will stretch a Fish story too.

WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO ?

Re: the huge antler pic linked in my post #15 above:

Rembrandt, good point - does it look like a whitetail to you or some other species?

The big Nebraska deer does appear to be the real thing.

Firstfreedom, the link you posted http://www.fishingbuddy.com/gallery/...3&category_id= on #15 is photoshopped....the blown up picture I posted shows the pixel distortion. Sure looks like a Whitetail...tines all seem to originate from the main beam. As a general rule mulies have very short brow tines and points have a tendency to fork.

bigonebogus.png

Too bad someone felt the need to do that to a picture of what clearly was already a nice rack, with no pretension. Sad part is, it was probably not even the guy in the photo who did the photomanipulation.

While I make no claims to be any kind of photo expert, I do note that magnifying the picture 2X brings out a lot of the pixel size discrepency, and that it would take no great feat too draw longer tips to what appear to be over-exposed white antler tips. Check out how noticable it is where it starts on that leftmost antler.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Photoshopped rack.JPG
    Photoshopped rack.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 120
Well I'll tell ya what even if they are photoshop'd there still neat to look at and if I saw either on of those deer in the pictures I'm not sure I'd be able to shoot them since I'd be busy getting my chin off the bottom of the ground and slowing my heart down to a semi fast pace.

My neighbor had a 400 lb whitetail buck on his property. He found the deer when it was a fawn, fed it and it stayed around his place. He is a cattle rancher. Shortly after he found it he was "fixing" some of his calves. He fixed the deer too.:D It had the same effect it has on a steer. The deer kept getting bigger, it never grew a rack. He (nor I) knew casteration would inhibit antler growth.

Back