410 slugs?

Short Range hunts here in Idaho are Archery (including crossbow) Muzzleloaders, Handguns (in handgun calibers so no 45-70 pistols) and shotguns. I have heard that some areas do not allow slugs but do not know if that is true.

what kind of 20ga

If the 20ga the kid is struggling with is a single barrel, I'm not surprised he's having trouble. I tried to set one up for bamaboy as a youngster for spring gobblers........too light. Kicked (it seemed anyhow) as much as any 12 ga.

Even some of the 20 ga pumps are pretty light. If you can swing it, a 20 ga gas gun, with a good pad, should be much more shootable than a light single, double, or pump 20. Ought to be some out there somewhere, used and so on.

the 20ga is a semiauto remington that he is struggling with (1100?)

The 410 does have sights on it.

As far as the laws in Idaho for short range. Shotguns, Archery, Handguns, Muzzle loaders. The Shotguns can shoot slugs or buckshot. I have heard people say there are areas where slugs are not allowed but I am not hunting in such an area. After calling Idaho Fish and Game I doubt there are no slug areas unless its private land and a land owners rules. But they said that may change in the future because of the range of some slug guns.

I am a believer in accuracy. Is there a 410 rifled slug gun out there? Rifling and sabot slugs are extremely accurate. Your young one can learn to use a rest but must put it in a fist size target. It helps to have the stock fit also.

Back