.380 Makarov?

I’ve got one. It’s commercial, adjustable sights. .380. I’m going off memory, I want to say mine is marked “Big Bear Arms” or something, Dallas Texas.

Gas Bag: my only complaint-which is minor-about the .380 Russian and both Bulgys is the DA trigger. They are certainly much better than my W. German PPK/S and Polish P-64.

But maybe the DA design ensures prolonged reliability etc.
My EG triggers are a little bit better, and are known for this, along with better bluing.

Mine is apparently the same that Sgt127 has. It's a Bakail imported by Big Bear. It's 380acp and has the adjustable sights. I bought brand new around 1990 for $89, also in Dallas. It still shoots just fine. I don't recall it ever malfunctioning in all of these years.

tallball: you probably know that many people have considered the Makarov design as possibly the most reliable semi-auto handgun ever created. My .380 Izvevsk has used 800-1,000 rds. with zero issues.

Even though mine is seldom carried these days, it’s ruggedness and simplicity have kept me from selling it. And it’s Very easy to conceal (vs. my CZ PCR, Sig P225).

Last edited:
Back