.380 EDC Pocket Pistol

Oh - I should mention that I once fired an S&W Bodyguard and hated it. The small size and DA operation made it impossible for me to shoot accurately
Range time with quality practice would fix this problem.
I carry a G-26 in a pocket holster wearing cargo/tactical pants. I have never worried about someone seeing something in my pocket.

I have an LCP that's my discreet carry because of its tiny size. But like most pocket pistols it's a bit snappy. I upgraded to the LCP Max and had the identical issues that others have had. Went thru two of them and finally gave up and went with a LC380 for my pocket pistol. It's a soft shooter that's highly accurate and it has been around for 10 years. Trouble free.

Used a Sig P230SL for many years. Found the Rohrbaugh R9 - some years ago. Remington purchased Rohrbaugh and the R9 is no more. Remington offered a 380 - but it was a nothing of the quality of the Rohrbaugh.

While the R9 was nice, it was a junky monkey.

On that note...who ended up with Remington pistol designs? Ruger bought their rifle line, Vista bought their ammo line...I can't recall who ended up with the pistols? Maybe the R9 will come back at some point? I hope so.

However, it's been brought to my attention that, in its pocket holster in my front pocket (I choose clothes with the deepest pockets available), the rear of the handle/mag is sometimes visible to someone behind me.

I need something a bit smaller. I am pretty set on the .380 ACP for other reasons (one being I have a lifetime supply of ammo).

Why not just get some different pants-- or have a tailor alter the pocket or fit of your current ones?

While the R9 was nice, it was a junky monkey.

On that note...who ended up with Remington pistol designs? Ruger bought their rifle line, Vista bought their ammo line...I can't recall who ended up with the pistols? Maybe the R9 will come back at some point? I hope so.

There is a Remington Arms company still producing Remington designs, at least the shotguns and rifles. Not sure about the pistols.

I summer pocket carry a Kimber Micro 380 , in a Desantis Nemesis holster. The Kimber is all alloy so a minor downside os its a bit heavy but not a big deal. The advantage with the added weight is the Kimber is a very smooth shooter when practicing at the range.

Back