.380 auto suggestions

I'll give a vote for the Mak. I have a russian hicap in .380. Its very reliable and accurate. In either .380 or 9X18 they are great pistols.

I have a CZ 83.
It too holds 13 in the mag. and I can place shots in 2-3" goups at 7 yds...at 12-13yds I find I'm in the 3-5" grouping. (many could do better I am sure)
I can't say enough about the gun. I got a NIB nickel satin finish (had a couple small scratches on the top of the slide-"scratch n' dent special") for $289 with one 10 rnd and one 13 rnd mag.
My dealer then sold me 3 more hi-caps for $20/ea.
I was going to buy a used BDA w/two hi-caps for around $400, I love the look of that gun, but just happened upon this CZ deal. You may be able to work a better deal than this too! Apparently, the CZ 83 is the Czek Military side arm.
I have shot 3-400 round thru the gun and have had zero jams/problems. It got more accurate after the first 3-4 boxes...go figure (probly' me).
Take a look.
Good luck.

Sig 232

The Sig feels fantstic, and for personal defense I prefer the heel mag release since I will probably never do a combat reload and it removes one more potentially sharp edge on the side.

I picked up a Walther PPK a while ago because the price was right and ... well, it's James Bond's gun. And although it's pretty accurate for such a short thing, the backstrap will bite without a little dremel work and it gets persnickety if the ammo's dirty.

If I was just looking for a gun of that size and caliber, I'd try the Sig. If size matters more than caliber, move up to 9mm and your choices increase greatly.

Back