.38 snub nose shooting

I painted the front sight of my 442 with gold metallic nail polish.

Problem was, it wouldn't always show up well against buff colored targets.

So I removed the lower half of the nail polish. Bottom of front sight is black, upper is gold metallic. Makes it easy to pick up against black or colored or buff targets.

I painted the front sight on my SP 101 with a florescent orange nail polish and it made target acquisition super easy regardless of the color target.

Try a Bright Green.
I have Sight Bright Green sight paint on the upper half of my front sight on my 638, 64, and 625 3". It works great outdoors.

For low light a tritium front sight is probably THE answer.

My 2 Cents
My recomendation is to shoot as lite of loads as you can get for practice with a J Frame until you get comfortable with it. When you start to feel confident in your ability shooting it, add 5 rounds of warmer ammo (Still Standard Pressure) the last 5 shots of your range session. When you get comfortable with the last 5 rounds of warmer ammo progress on. From this point you might want to add 5 rounds of +P after the warmer ammo.

Get some Snap Caps for additional Trigger Time. Using Snap Caps you are: Building up your trigger finger.
Breaking in the gun more without the wear and tear of firing it.
Getting quality time in with the gun without recoil being a consideration, or ammunition being an expense.
(If you flench dry firing you know you did it. Recoil can hide a flench with live ammo)

You could get 2 sets of snap caps and do a practice reload using them also.

Bob

Back