.38 ammo

My on, you'd be surprised at how well a wadcutter will penetrate solid objects. Since they are rather reluctant to expand and punch holes very well, they do well on boards. A lswc at standard velocity should penetrate barriers better.

Hal, after a lot of studying and thinking, years ago I drew the conclusion that polycase, the entire thing, was just a fraud. I have never seen the ammo test well and the concept itself has never appeared to be sound.

In many countries, terrorist organizations and cartel members pick up spent brass cartridge cases (the single most difficult ammunition component to obtain) that were left behind by government security forces, and reload them with homemade lead bullets and propellant extracted from fireworks

This quote was extracted from a 2015 article. It is an absolute bucket of hogwash. Terrorists can get primers, fireworks, bullet molds, presses, and then make functional ammo, but only if they can scrounge up used casings? any body ever heard of a bunch of terrorists or insurgents fighting a war like that?

A group that would make such a statement doesn't deserve to be taken seriously. If they would provide actual empirical evidence from both jelly and tissue tests, I would give it a fair analysis.

This is obviously a bullet and it will put a deep and narrow (.355 diameter) hole through things with very little recoil, but it isn't going to work much better than a fmj, and it is going to absolutely inferior to a well made expanding bullet that worked.

This quote was extracted from a 2015 article. It is an absolute bucket of hogwash
LOL! On so many levels no less! I can't believe The American Rifleman let that garbage go out in publication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USSR
Yep! Much more tissue destruction, and that's the name of the game.

Don

Evidence or just hypothesis?

labnoti,

The evidence is out there, but you have to go back 50 - 60 years ago when police were issued revolvers and the issue ammo was round nose lead bullets and the police qualified using wadcutter ammo. I don't know your age, but the fact that .38 wadcutters create more tissue damage than round nose bullets is pretty much common knowledge among those of us with more years behind us than before us.

Don

And those of us with some old catalogs know that there used to be a Service Wadcutter loaded to the same velocity as roundnose. Pity nobody makes that any more.

hal, i read stuff like that and my heart palpitates.

here is a little known fact.

PEOPLE LIE!

these guys were probably trying to raise funding for development. No guarantee of success, but they could get funding and have a sweet job for a few years.

There was a story out maybe ten or more years ago, california, of course, a company that did laser engraving and a state senator started campaigning for laser engraved serial numbers to be put on every bullet and every casing, and each and every one of those bullets be registered to a box and that numbered box was to be registered to the buyer. No ammunition was to be sold in california that wasn't individually registered. I don't think that I have ever heard anything quite that stupid, but you know, millions of people believed that it would work.

First off, the jackoffs at the business were trolling for funding. The politician was wanting publicity, notoriety, his name in the paper. He was wanting to hit the nra in the nads, because while the politician had no need to pay for anything, publicity, time, resources all paid for (by taxpayers), the NRA had to spend money defending their position. Win-win.

This one is epic. You could go down the rabbit hole with this one, digging through names, maps, page source code, and go lots of places with this, and it really is a rabbit hole. The page is fake, people fell for it, the page's maker laughed himself sick, and a bunch of people were made to look like morons. I just can't imagine that the site itself is still being paid for and maintained.

http://www.seasonshot.com/home.cfm

high standard sentinal mk2. its a dan wesson look alike.

According to Unblinking Eye The MK II and MK III were relabeled Dan Wesson guns.

"MK II and MK III. These were rebranded Dan Wesson .357 Magnum revolvers. They were sold from mid- 1973 through February of 1975. There are persistent rumors that High Standard made the Dan Wesson pistols, but they are completely untrue."

That Interceptor stuff sure seems like snake oil.

The advertisement tosses out some scientific terms like this: the specially designed grooves in the nose harness the soft tissue and constrict, pressurize and eject it at 1.5 to 2 times the directional speed of the bullet. This is the well-known Venturi Effect.

That isn't the Venturi Effect. This is the Venturi Effect: link

I would use a well designed hollow point unless you live in an area that prohibits them. A full wadcutter would be my choice if hollow points were restricted and I would use semiwadcutters as reloads due to the difficulty of loading a full wadcutter from a speed loader in a hurry.

"...Wadcutters cut a nice, round hole in whatever they hit..." And expand dramatically or fragment when they hit hard stuff like bones.
The edges of a cast bullet don't do anything but deform. There's no cutting involved except for going through paper. However, when LEO unions were whining about the RN ammo they were ordered to use, eons ago, they claimed, and I think actually tested, lead RN's on car windshields that said cast RN failed to penetrate and proved to literally bounce off.
In any case, the ammo isn't as important as your sis' ability to hit what she shoots at. That means fit to her hand, finding the ammo her revolver shoots best, training and practice.

Back