358 MGP--350 L done right?

I personally would not waste any time developing yet another "microniche" cartridge since I would personally use one of the many existing straight-wall cartridges if (God forbid) I ever ended up hunting in a straight-wall only state;
There are a lot of the "micro-niche" cartridges out there. One of my customers built a 45 Raptor, which is supposedly better than the 45 Hamr, which is better than the 450 Bushmaster, and so on. And every custom gunsmith has come up with his own version of an existing cartridge, tweaked to be slightly different than other similar cartridges, and come up with a dozen reasons why his is better than the other one. They can't all be right. But creative people create stuff, unique or not. I did my apprenticeship in a custom gunsmith shop of some note, and they had a whole line of cartridges they would chamber rifles in, and every one of them was better than commercial cartridges according to them.:rolleyes:

A question.....

Legnd-powder-volume.jpg

Uhhhh--bigger case volume and bigger bullet.

You are the one that kept contradicting my real results , without any of your own . I gave the real reasons why some things work better than others , why I though a case was better , and the pros and cons of each type . My .357 Bandit [ made into the 350 L ] gave 30/30 power to an AR-15 [ better on game than the 6.8 ] and made a very sweet little bolt rifle . I do not consider pulling out the two pins to put on another upper building an AR .
I don't have the slightest idea what you are talking about--I haven't contradicted anything you have said. This MGP was conjured up by another guy some 16 years ago or so. Track him down and huff and puff and kick sand in his face if you want. You bring up these ad hominem questions/comments which are not contributing much of anything to the conversation.

Last edited:
Uhhhh--bigger case volume and bigger bullet.

Uuhhhh. No.
358/356 R-squared says only 1% increase in straightwall case volume.
It may be angels on the head of a pin at this point, but all these other
wunnerful cases that give wunnerfully-better performance need "a bit"
more explanation.
;):)

Last edited:
Back