357 Sig conversion?

I'm a retired accountant who LOVES spreadsheets. Altho I'm not NEARLY as experienced as many here, I've shot and carried handguns (almost exclusively semiautos) for maybe 20 years. Most recently I've been carrying a Tanfoglio Witness Polymer 10mm pistol; this is the rare 10 that's just small enough in the grip to feel good in my hand. BUT...I got tired of carrying a heavyish pistol system and dreamed up a comparison of five different pistols and/or calibers. I used four principal criteria and two secondary criteria to judge these things. Calibers were .45 Auto, 10mm, 357Sig, .40S&W, and 9mm. The final numerical results among the candidates were very close.

I'll send you a copyof the spreadsheet if you e-mail me at jeffreybehr(at)cox(dot)net and include something like 'Pistols comparo' in the subject. (If you don't label it like that so I recognise it, I'll merely double-delete the message.) I'll send the comparison to anyone who asks, but understand that all such comparisons are highly judgemental, in what criteria to include, how to weight each criterion, etc. I created this comparison FOR ME based on MY opinions. Of course, YOUR opinions will be different. PLEASE respect my opinions as being valid FOR ME. If this discussion turns ugly as SO MANY on the 'net do, I'll simply ignore it.

FWIW, I bought another S&W M&P9 (original version with 4.25" barrel) and carry it with one extra mag, all loaded with 35 Federal Premium Tactical +P loads of HST147s or Bonded 135s.

picture119590.jpg

EDIT: oh ya...I'm covered on 357Sig, too, as I have two such barrels for a M&P40 pistol.

Last edited:
Back