.357 rifle

While the Rossi and the Marlin are fine carbines, I have one that I highly recommend to you. It's the IMI Timberwolf. It is chambered in either 357 or 44, pump action, exceptionally accurate, impressive crafstmanship, and highly reliable. I have two in 357 and one in 44. The iron sights are of the Millett style and it has weaver style bases milled into the receiver. I have taken whitetail and javelina with these. I can't say enough about these fine rifles. The only problem is that they are hard to find and a little expensive. I just saw one for sale on Guns Classified (I think) for around $350. Well worth it. I usually carry a Ruger Service Six and my Timberwolf in 357. I shoot 180 gr. bullets out of both without a problem. I have also shot 200 and 220 gr. bullets from my TW. It seems to hold the accuracy with the heavier weights as well. Just a little more info to confuse the issue.

Steve

JDD--I believe Marlin made a very limited run of 16" Model 1894s a few years ago. I recall reading a vert positive article about them by John Taffin in Guns magazine. I believe they were made in both .44 Mag. and .45 L.C.

I'm looking into picking up a Marlin 1894 within the next year. What should I expect to pay for, say, a new one?

Thanks.

Back