.357 magnum suggestions

A steel Taurus Tracker? 7-shot cylinder, ported, and cushy rubber grips for a very reasonable price. You could literally run the thing over with your car, send it to Taurus covered in tire marks, and they'd ship you a fresh one with no questions asked. No better warranty service this side of the Zippo lighter corporation.

J Parker: Don't buy a mainspring if the original S&W spring is in the revolver. Buy a strain screw. The one you have has likely been shortened. If, however, someone has put an aftermarket spring in the gun, a new spring is in order.

Since recoil may be an issue with the female users, I would suggest the GP100 SS 4" full lug barrel. I found the recoil to be very managable with the extra weight up front.

I ended up going back to the factory rubber/wood insert grips after wasting money on several sets of aftermarket grips. They should accomodate most female hands. I bought the GP100 for my wife to use, but unfortunately she never got over her fear of guns.

To the original poster, since this is a house / range gun, light weight it not an issue. A 4-inch Smith or Ruger would be an excellent choice. I would not have the barrel ported if the gun is for a newbie. Muzzle blast and noise do not encourage good shooting for the beginner, IMO.

justinr1

MEAT
If you really like the GP-100 check the
3" fixed sight model as the grips are a
little smaller compared to the full
sized GP-100;)

thanks for the rsponse

I really appreciate all of the responses. I'm off to the gun show in the morning to look at some of these suggestions. I'll let you all know what I decide upon. Thanks for all the help. :)

Another vote for the Taurus Tracker (Model 627).

These are really nice. Mine is stainless steel (matte finish).
As far as the titanium version...just depends on how much you want to spend. Personally, I prefer the Ti models for carry (such as the Model 85's).

Although I am very happy with my Taurus revolvers, I do reccomend putting a couple or three hundred rounds through them ASAP to ensure it is reliable. Reckon that should really apply to any gun, though.

Back