.357 Lever action

I recently decided to end the same .357 hunt by ordering a Rossi M92 from Steve Young. It's the blued 20 inch version.

You pay several hundred dollars more for whatever extra parts you order and his work. He was very helpful and straightforward in our discussions, and I am confident that I will be happy with the rifle . . .

When I get it. It won't be until March. That's the major disadvantage.

I will start a thread when it comes.

Serial range 95xxxx-89xxxx, which removes the 2005-2011 ones...
With the New 2012 ones, simply make sure its a NEW one...as in last five months,
then check it over like you SHOULD any new firearm...intently!!

Gotta say that the last five months production has looked WAY better than the first six months of 2012...
so it looks like there's some serious work going on at Marlin since they stopped & retrained the lever line...then restarted it...

I'm actually looking forward to the 2013 models :)

IF ANYONE GETS A ROUGH 2012...CALL IT IN!!!
Don't let 'em get by with SQUAT!! We want Marlin operating as heavy on QC as Henry, where Quality is #1!!
But Marlin can't fix what they don't know about!!!

Granted Henry uses some craptastic plastic parts sometimes...but hey, its their choice. H003 slide grip...BLEAH!!

I am very pleased with the Marlin 1894C I bought 5, or so, years ago. It has not caused me any problems in that time. I put a Simmons red dot scope on it and use it for Coyote hunting out to about 125 yards.

I have had the 16 inch Rossi for maybe fifteen years or so. Nice gun. For some reason, I shoot it well standing. Don't know why that is the case....the little carbine comes right up to my eye and shoulder like it was fitted for me. I shoot it better offhand than any other rifle with iron sights out to 75 yards or so.
Pete

Last edited:

I've had a Browning BL 92 for almost 20 years and it shoots and handles GREAT! it shows a little age on the outside ( as we all do), but is still real pretty on the inside where it counts

I handled a a Rossi today and it was no where near as smooth as my old marlin but then the Marlin is very broke in.

I am thinking about getting a Winchester Trapper some time to go along with my Marlin Trapper.

The Henry are very smooth too but they lack the loading gate so they are not really what I am looking for.

Back