357 ammo is recently expensive. New tariffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all know the price of 357 mag and the hurricane are the president's fault. I buy 357 in the mid teens if I find it in the twenties I don't buy it.

Mike 38 ask why people would plink with 357? I like the feel of the recoil.

And, just to say it, if factory 357 costs way more than factory 38, then it isn’t due to raw material costs. Might have something to do with the actual bullet. Some of the modern super duper projectiles are expensive.

Marketing. No need for super bullets in the 357 mag.

Do people target shoot with .357 magnum ammo?

Yes

Why would you when there's .38 Special?

Why not?

I seriously don't know.

The information is available.

The only center fire revolver I own is a .38 Spcl as I feel no need for a .357.

You are limiting yourself.

I like punching holes in the X-ring, and a .38 Spcl does that much better than a .357.

No, a 38 is no more accurate than a 357, your ability makes the difference, not the gun or the cartridge.

Yea, a .357 is a better self defense round, but how often do you shoot full powder loads at targets?

Without a doubt. Every time I shoot my 357's.

Last edited:
The 16 dollar range is cheap. A box of .357 ammo starts at $35Cdn up here. Has to do with government interference, the exchange rate, everything being paid for in USD, gas prices and the fact that everything runs about 100% more here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trump Derangement Syndrome aside, some .357 Magnum has gone up.
In 2015, the 100 round box of Remington 125SJHP was $26 at Walmart. This summer, after a long absence, it reappeared and was $53. The 50 round box of Winchester 110JHP is now $27. At least it is back on the market

I don't get people who complain about ammo prices when they can learn to handload and make their own for a lot less money.

In 2015, the 100 round box of Remington 125SJHP was $26 at Walmart.
Wal-Mart was selling JHP .357Ammo for 26 cents a round in 2015? That's been awhile back, but as I recall, that would have been a good deal for 9mm FMJ during 2015, let alone JHP .357Mag ammo. Are you sure that wasn't a 50 round box?

Here's a video from 2015 where a guy is talking about being able to buy .357Mag ammo in 50 round boxes at Wally World for $17 (34 cents a round) and saying it is about half the normal price for cheap .357Mag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USj4MueD_Sw

Here's another example of .357Mag ammo from 2015 going for just under 36 cents around and being touted as a really good deal.

https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/factory-loads/142150-cheap-357-magnum-walmart.html

I haven't been pricing .357Mag lately because I already have a lot on hand, but what I've seen is ammo prices coming down over the past couple of years, not going up.

Same Target Sports that doesn't sell a box of 50 under $20? Example, last year I bout that $23 American Eagle 158jsp point from Target for $16 a box.

Funny. Republican controlled congress has submitted resolutions condemning the tariffs. This is a fact anyone could google. When I call it the Trump tariff, the alternative being the Republican tariff-which it isn't, the title of this thread was changed.

Anyone would google could prove this is a unilateral decision by Trump.

This millennial snowflake is wondering what is so scary calling it the Trump tariffs?

This millennial snowflake is wondering what is so scary calling it the Trump tariffs?
Nothing scary at all. Politics are off limits in this forum. If you want to talk about Trump or Republicans, find another forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back