351 auto loader?

When the History Channel did a show on Bonnie and Clyde, their lead in showed an AK-47 and an SKS. They didn't say whether those guns were used by the dynamite duo or by the cops. (Or who had the time machine.)

Jim

No, I certainly can't give any specifics, unfortunately.

I seem to recall it being an article I read years ago, probably in Rifleman, Guns & Ammo, or one of the other popular press gun magazines.

there are any number of references on the web (I googled bonnie clyde 351) to a .351 being used in the final shootout, but that's certainly not definitive.

I've seen those references too. I'm not sure where they came from as the accounts by the men who participated, while contradictory about how the events unfolded, never mention a 351 Winchester. Admittedly, with the 351 being as popular as it was, having readily availble large capacity mags, and having a very good reputation for being able to punch through car bodies, it is curious there wasn't one there. Maybe someone in Louisiana has, unbeknownst to them, a bunch of the brass in a shoebox that their great uncle or grandfather picked at the scene and there will be some 351sl in the collection?

Or maybe the History Channel has it right - AKs and SKSs?

John

Here's my latest 1907 Winchester - a replica I had made by Tom Wilkinson in Idaho of two modified guns recovered when the Dillinger gang was captured in Tucson Arizona in Janauary 1934. These were made by Hyman Lebman of San Antonio Texas who was aquainted with Baby Face Nelson but didn't know who he was - he used an alias. No one knows for sure how many of these were made.

Lebman1907d.jpg

Lebman1907b.jpg

Here are the captured guns in a newspaper clip

Dillinger351.jpg

Back