35/30 win, who has one?

Nothing wrong at all with the 35-30. 200 grains at a bit less than 2,000 fps is a killer. That is going to work far better, imo, than the .44 magnum at 1,200 in 240 grain in a revolver. I don't know what the ballistics would be like, but I suspect that it should be able to sight in at 75 yards and stay on target out to 200. No, I see no point or reason to hunt with one outside of 200 yards. That's what people will do anyway, how can I stop them or even approve of it?

the area in which i hunt 60 some yards IS a long shot. the deer like to go around 30-35 yards next to my stand. the 200gr fn gc will put deer on table.

my 44 mag is a ruger sbh with 4 5/8" barrel.i use a 44 spl with 255gr keith boolits and some unique(skeeter load) that goes 800fps. i have taken deer with it out to 50 yards or so. i feel(which you do or don't) that i could go 100 yards or more with the skeeter load.

I know that deer can be taken at 100 yards with a .44 magnum handgun by a very skilled hunter. A very skilled hunter can take deer at fifty yards or longer with a bow.

i was rubishing around my reloading desk and i found my 35/30 second target. the first target was about the lead meeting barrel, they got along pretty good. i shot the second target when the late one evening trying to zero it in.

35/30 in win m94
williams peep sight
100 yards
200gr fn gc (made from the bull shop!!!)
20.0gr of 2400/.6+/-gr of dacron

0MHCiQ1.jpg

sorry about the picture, its all wavy.

if you can see number 3, right of number 3 is two shots....i'm must've ate carrots for supper because 2 in the hole using peep sights is phenomenal for me!!!

number 5 is only one shot, daylight was waned and kaput!!! but it was on center, so i go with that. i'd show more targets, but i threw them away.

Back