.32 S&W-Safe to Shoot?

where too buy the .32 bullets?

Want to load BP .32 have some >32 SW Long tht need to be trimmed.

Us the FFg about the 8.0 - 8.7 gr of powder, haven't confirmed actual load heard that normal load was 9. grs of powder.

I got both the bullets and the .32 S&W brass from Midway.

No need to trim.

While I did use FF, I would have thought FFF would have been what was normally used. I used FF thinking it would give a lighter load.

I understand that...

FFFG will burn faster [due to the finer grains of powder] whereas FFg has lerger grains to comsume.

Finer grains also means more powder in the same space. Hence a heavier load.

Or at least that was my thinking.

An interesting bit of physics trivia: If you fill two equall size shoe boxes with ball bearings. One box with 1 inch bearings and the other with 0.1 inch bearings. Both boxes will weigh the same. They have the same ratio of steel to air.

I cannot say if that applies to uncompressed black powder, I would think it does.

weight and volume

Lee dippers are pretty well documented for consistency.
Lee chart shows that a 4.0cc dipper will hold 55.7 grs of Fg BP, 58.8 grs of FFg and 63.7 grs. of FFFg.
There is no note as to what brand of BP was used. Some brands are denser than others and will weigh differently.

Last edited:
I just spotted this post and thought of you guys. I dont know which SW32 this is (long or short) Sounds like the short one. The price is right. $10 a box of 50!

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=845689

Just noticed that our local Academy stores are advertising season clearances on various items. For example, Remington 32 S&W 88 LRN that was priced at $34.00 was now priced at $9.98 . Man, that is a bargain if you enjoy plinking with .32 revolvers.

Back