32 cal swap ?

No. The .32 ACP headspaces on the case mouth. You'd have .395" of excessive headspace. The ACP's semi-rim is .358" diameter vs the .375" of the H&R. The ACP's diameter at the case head is .338" vs the .337" of the H&R.

If penetration is the desired effect, the underwood captivator seems a good choice given the results of this youtube gel test:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf-IF1emoJI

Underwood offers this in .32 acp, but not .32 long.
Considering carrying this in my seecamp, but found that occassional rounds have too hard a primer and requre a couple of trigger pulls to ignite. They feed and function fine otherwise. I like results I saw on the video.
That's expensive ammo, as is the BB .32 Long, but unlike the .32 ACP, the .32 Long BB ammo can be shot in a .32 S&W Long revolver, while the .32 ACP would be potentially dangerous.

So, you're getting an ammo that's virtually the same power or more and is safe to shoot all day long.

The argument is irrelevant as this thread is about .32 H&R Magnum and any .32 H&R Magnum is more powerful than either .32 ACP or S&W. Average .32 S&W Long LRN vs average .32 ACP FMJ is virtually identical, with the nod to .32 Long because the bullet is heavier and penetrates better.

Now, instead of hijacking the thread to point out that you think I'm wrong with my statements, lets keep building on the OP's topic at hand.

OP, what revolver is this? This will help us determine whether or not .32 ACP is a good and safe ammo to shoot in your gun.

.32 S&W long is not more powerful than .32 acp.

Never thought we would get in an aurgument over the 32acp vs the 32 long.:confused: I reload for both and from a 2" barrel with longs shooting a 94gr bullet I get just over 850fps. Does it beat the 32acp? Heck if I know. I didn't buy my 32s because they were power houses.:D

The biggest problem with shooting 32acp from a revolver is the undersized bullet isn't accurate. The 32 long should be between .3125 to .314. The 32acp is loaded with .311 bullets.

For some strange reason most guns shoot best with the ammo they were designed to shoot.:rolleyes:

Use the search function and you will find there are bunches of threads about doing this.

Yes, it is and it's like that for all .32 Mag ammo.

What revolver is this? S&W? Ruger? H&R? If this is an H&R made .32 H&R Mag revolver, I might actually say don't shoot .32 ACP in it. Those were not well made guns, I don't know if they're capable of shooting sustained amounts of the higher pressure .32 ACP.

If this is a Smith or a Ruger, you're all clear.

If you're mostly looking for cheap range ammo, .32 ACP might work in your gun, you have to try it. If you have issues, buy the .32 S&W Long. Here's a link to the cheapest ammo I could find:

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/ppu-lrn-handgun-amp-pistol-ammo?g=29198
Charter Arms

ratshooter said:
The biggest problem with shooting 32acp from a revolver is the undersized bullet isn't accurate. The 32 long should be between .3125 to .314. The 32acp is loaded with .311 bullets.
.32 ACP is quite accurate out of my Heritage .32 Mag.

I wish I could find a Heritage .32 Mag for sale. I passed on one years ago at a gun show for $179.00. Instead I bought a .357 Taurus Gaucho. Even though I am happy with my Taurus I wish I would have bought the Heritage. If you find one today they sell for almost double the price.

I wish I could find a Heritage .32 Mag for sale. I passed on one years ago at a gun show for $179.00. Instead I bought a .357 Taurus Gaucho. Even though I am happy with my Taurus I wish I would have bought the Heritage. If you find one today they sell for almost double the price.
Not necessarily. I saw one on Gunbroker for $240 a week or two ago. I'm at the point with the .32 that unless it's a 6 shot Charter Arms or a Ruger .327, I don't want to spend money on it.

I have shot .32acp in my K.32 masterpiece,in my Charter Arms .327,ruger single six .32 HR mag and have had no trouble of any kind. I do not shoot it in a Hopkins and Allen I have. as it is a top break. I also have two old smithwesson revolvers in sw long that I have shot .32 sw long with no trouble. As long as you stay away guns were made for black powder I don’t believe you would have any trouble. I believe if .32acp were harming revolvers we would hear more about it. I think I would rather shoot .32acp in a good old revolver than shoot it in a new .32acp Kel-Tec.

32 H&R magnum is a higher pressure round than 32acp, so there is no safety issue. I have shot plenty of 32acp out of my old H&R revolver with no problems.

I don't shoot 32acp out of my 32 S&W revolvers because 32acp is a higher pressure round than 32 S&W.

I have six 32 magnum revolvers: two will fire 32acp every time, two will fire some rounds but not others, two won't ignite them at all. I assume it has something to do with tiny differences in the legnths of their firing pins.

^ OK. Green light, you're safe to try .32 ACP in it. Buy a few different brands, right now PPU .32 ACP is really cheap on sportsmansguide.com, so cheap I was thinking about picking up a box or two.

Give us a report on how it shoots when you're done.

I don't think anyone here is lying. $30 for 50 rounds is expensive. If I had to pay for ammo I wouldn't shoot much at all or very often. Thankfully I bought and supplied myself many years ago to the point I don't remember what it cost so to me ammo is free.

But I do feel for those buying or those just starting out in the shooting game. This is a high dollar sport now.

I have a few 327 Federal Magnum guns, and with the first one purchased at least one box of each of the cartridges which the gun was supposedly capable of firing. Three or four years later I still haven't thought of any reason to shoot up 32 S&W or 32 ACP. I did not use the 32 SWL because I have since bought a gun dedicated to that cartridge.

As usual, people lying (eer exaggerating) to make a point. Or maybe 32 mag is on the pricy side- but; 327 federal is available locally at $30 per 50 and online first hit was $26 per 50

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1...magnum-85-grain-jacketed-soft-point-box-of-50

Even near obsolete 32mag has plenty of hits from $36. More lies. With 327 running fairly strong these 32mags are mild to shooter.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1...gnum-85-grain-jacketed-hollow-point-box-of-50

It's available, but rarely locally and the only times i've seen it in person it was expensive and you only had 1 choice. You can shoot 44 Magnum or .308 Winchester for cheaper. While not obsolete it is uncommon, more expensive, and less powerful than just about any other centerfire calibers. Not a good combination.

Back