1. The magcatch is polymer and the mag is
steel, which chews up the mag catch when
the mag is seated w/out depressing the
the release.
2. The polymer frame flexed a little and
allowed the trigger return spring to
come out of position, rendering it un-
usable.
I returned the pistol to Keltec and they replaced the magcatch and frame. It functions
fine now w/ any ammo I've run through it, including Fiochi. No problems chambering
and I'm carefull about the magcatch now(which I told them needs to be metal).

Very light and concealable pistol, they just
need to work out a couple of kinks.

I know this isnt what your looking at but it could be an alternative......the old browning 32acp's and 380's can be found with some looking for around 250-300 dollars and that is the 32 that I like.....fubsy.

Still gotta go with the KelTec imho. It works great for the intended purpose, hides wonderfully, and is inexpensive, compared to the rest of the .32's. I know expense is not the only criteria, but I feel the VALUE is there with the P-32. While I don't feel underarmed (is that a real word?)with a .32 in most of my environmental situations, a larger caliber may make you feel more comfortable.

------------------
Have a Twinkie, snappahead---Ford Fairlane

My thanks to D.Crockett for his good advice on the Kel-Tec magazine catch. I can see where the traditional method of whacking the metallic magazine home against a plastic catch will lead to eventual problems. Kel-Tec-32 owners take note: always depress the catch before shoving the magazine in!

Guess it just seemed natural to depress the catch when re-loading. What impressed my about the Keltec, besides excellent concealability, is how reliable it is. I have fired up to 300+ round in a day and it worked just fine at the end. It is somewhat like the Ar15, a gun for which I have no warm fuzzies but which, I must admit, works well and efficiently for its purpose. I would have bought the P32 had it cost any amount under $500, and I am glad that I waited for about three months while shopping for mouseguns, as the P32 just appeared on the market then. BTW, S&B at 7.50/50 is great practice ammo, similar to 9.00/50 Fiocchi is performance. PMC, IMO, is suboptimal...but all ammo I tried works.

My Autauga has turned out to be a nice little gun, reliable through 100 rounds. Not a good trigger, but better than the Guardians I tried. The Seecamp has no sights, which is not a big drawback for its intended belly-gun use, but the Autauga has sights and will shoot surprisingly decent groups at 7 yds. Negatives are (1) Expensive ammo (Silvertips, although the company says you can shoot Fiocchi's if not too often -- the recoil spring is tuned for Silvertips). On the other hand, this is not a gun you are likely to shoot very much. (2) The trigger guard has sharp edges and I quickly wore through the skin on my trigger finger where it bounced against the trigger guard; rounding it off fixed the problem. (3) The mag release is awful -- hard to find and even harder to operate when you do find it. (I hate to think about what kind of situation would involve going into a second magazine with a gun like this...)

I have a question for an Keltec P32 owners. I am considering buying one, and have looked at one at a local gun dealer's store. I did notice that when the slide was pulled back when the magazine was unloaded, it would stay back and would not go forward unless the magazine release button was pressed. I am assuming that the slide works normally when the magazine is loaded.

Am I correct?

Back