.308 options?

Guys,

Thanks for all the feedback. Looks like it's down to the Savage or the Vepr (I have a weakness for Commie guns; forgive me :) ).

XYZ, I've bought a couple of guns from Shootin' Den; wasn't really impressed with their attitude --first time I went in, I asked about the Mossberg 9200, and the guy actually *sneered*. Not a good way to win friends and influence people. I'm sticking with Paradise Sales.

------------------
"America needs additional gun laws like a giraffe needs snow tires."
--Rabbi Mermelstein, JPFO

There are a whole bunch of .308 which I would like to add to my collection which currently consists of a Savage stainless model 116FPS (Its the same as a 110 long action). (I did have an Armalite AR-10A2 but really didn't like it and sold it after only a few months.) But after a lot of thought, the last thing I would do would be to sell the Savage. Why, because it consistently shoots groups that touch one another at 100 yrd off a bench. The only thing I did was to have a trigger job done (about 3.5 lbs). What more could I ask for?

Oh, I would like to also own a Remington 700 PSS for some long range Palma type shooting. But for now, I am satisfied with what I got.

No matter what some people say, the Savage is definately not a POS.

Hope this helps, Mikey

Back