308 Norma Mag

The scope turned out to be a Kollmorgen 6X double mounted with Stith mounts. The scope has seen better days, but is possibly still usable. The scope mounts will not be able to be used with modern rings. I removed the scope and scope mounts. I will probably go with a Leupold one piece mount and a Leupold scope. The wood I will keep just in case, but I will have to get a new stock for me to use. I may have a custom brake made for it, it depends on how it shoots. When I finally get it all sorted out I will send it off for a high gloss reblue.

bob

Last edited:
you have a commercial FN series 200 action with a replacement trigger. The trigger is from a reputable company. The same action was used to build J.C. Higgins sporters during the fifities and early sixties. It is an excellent action.
The rifles were sold at Sears Roebucks and other department stores. they were sold as FN commercial rifles as well.
The scope mounts and scope should be offered on an auction site. The mounts may be worth more than the scope. If you are ditching the stock, why not sell it to me?

Back