.303 British Ammo

Surplus .303 is rare now ... like rockinghorse dung - the stuff that is still around is poor in both accuracy and condition/performance. There is still plenty of commercial .303 British being made with Highland being among the cheapest. If you really care about accuracy and performance for both target and hunting just roll you own ... I do.

Tiki.

A bit OT here, but the same situation is going to exist sooner or later with 7.62x54R and 7.62x25. Guns for these calibres are dirt cheap right now and everyone is buying them up like crazy, mostly because of the availability of large amounts of cheap surplus ammo.

When that dries up, you have the same situation as you do with .303 Brit.

Milsurp guns are fun to shoot, but I would never choose any weapon for which I couldn't assure a reasonably available supply of ammo for a SHTF situation.

There are sources out there. Unfortunately, for us non reloaders (hopefully not me for much longer) .303 Brit runs about $1 per round!! :eek:

Here is one site that should help.
http://www.ammoengine.com/find/ammo/.303_British

The first choice on that list, Sellier and Bellot 180 gr FMJ from cheaper than dirt is a good deal. I have shot a bunch of that exact round, and its the best performing FMJ Enfield ammo that I have found.

Enjoy!!

"....30-40 Krag brass ain't that cheap, either..." Only loaded 'seasonally' by Remington and Winchester too. Too long as well. 92 thou longer than the .303 case. And the rim is 5 thou bigger.

Wolf Gold and Privi Partizan are the same ammo, just in different boxes, so if you have the option, find the cheaper of the two.

They make nice .303 brit non-corrosive ammo.

Prvi Partizan .303 was available last night at two (or more) on-line stores but was described as sold out, as recently as two-three weeks ago.
It might be 150 grain bullets only, but so what.

Last edited:
Back