• I am planning to buy a 30 super carry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I not going to buy a 30 super carry

Votes: 59 79.7%
  • I have not decided yet

Votes: 14 18.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As this exact question has hit every gun forum many times, it seems odd that nobody seems to see what the marketers were thinking when they dreamt it up...

It isn't a cartridge for long time gun owners that are deeply involved in the game.

However, to someone walking in to a gun store for the first time and looking for their first defensive handgun, it seems to offer at least a viable alternative to 9mm.

"Here's something nearly as good, that holds a little more and has a little less recoil, plus it's cutting edge and brand new!"

In the world of guns, to a bunch of established longtime gun cranks, this is a complete face-down failure. This is a .45 GAP. But to someone who is starting at zero and might triple their knowledge base in their first visit to a gun store? Probably seems like an exceptional offering.

The industry truly has ONE GOAL, and that goal is to sell stuff. There's a gujillion new people to sell stuff to, and none of those people have any reason to believe it's not worth their consideration. (no matter what all of us who eat, sleep and breathe handguns wish to scoff and snarl about.)

But if the only gun you can find is the S&W EZ, the cartridge is dead. Because the EZ is already a pretty extreme niche gun.

I do not think people are actively searching out the EZ. Welcome to be wrong though.

And then if you go online and see someone like myself say that Federal's own 380 Hydra Shok DEEP probably equals if not bests jhp performance of the 30SC HST... LCP purchase.

But if the only gun you can find is the S&W EZ, the cartridge is dead. Because the EZ is already a pretty extreme niche gun.

I do not think people are actively searching out the EZ. Welcome to be wrong though.

And then if you go online and see someone like myself say that Federal's own 380 Hydra Shok DEEP probably equals if not bests jhp performance of the 30SC HST... LCP purchase.

You can also get it in the Shield Plus.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/subcategory/30-super-carry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no interest. Does it hold a couple more rounds than a 9mm? Yes. My P365 holds 12 and I am content with that.

Plus I can drive to the bait shop and buy FMJ 9mm and premium JHP 9mm ammo. 30 SC is not available locally

I voted not. Simply because 9mm works and is cheap enough to feed. 380 works for smaller than 9mm when I want that. Also 9mm and 380 acp are not going away, they are popular for many reasons. Don't know that 30SC will do enough "more/better/cheaper" to gain permanent traction.

Heck, if I could pick up all the free brass I wanted at the range I’d give it a whirl. But being the cheap brass rat that I am, I guess I’ll stick with 9mm.

Back