Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I not going to buy a 30 super carry

Votes: 59 79.7%
  • I have not decided yet

Votes: 14 18.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shadow9mm

Curious to see, are people actually interested in this new "wonder cartridge"?

Based on my reading the entire concept was to duplicate 9mm performance, but in a smaller package to fit more rounds in the same sized magazine.

Last edited:
No, thanks, I've already got lots of guns in discontinued/difficult to get cartridges to add another with a high potential of that.

I'm not even sure it can be built, but I think it might be interesting in a PPK//s type pistol, or maybe something like the Beretta 80 series. Probably too hot for a straight blowback action though. Even if it could be made to work, racking the slide would probably be a gold plated ....well you know what, and they would probably kick like a mule.

I'm just sort of looking for the two mentioned above in 32 acp, so the thought occurred to me. I have no interest in another plastic wondergun.

The Beretta 80's are out of production I believe, but Tisas is making a nice clone.

I'm not even sure it can be built, but I think it might be interesting in a PPK//s type pistol, or maybe something like the Beretta 80 series. Probably too hot for a straight blowback action though. Even if it could be made to work, racking the slide would probably be a gold plated ....well you know what, and they would probably kick like a mule.

I'm just sort of looking for the two mentioned above in 32 acp, so the thought occurred to me. I have no interest in another plastic wondergun.

The Beretta 80's are out of production I believe, but Tisas is making a nice clone.
Maybe a roller or radial delayed system. But i think your right, straight blowback is not a viable option.

I'm still working on whether the 40 S&W will be around for much longer??? 10mm seems to have made the cut.

It in fact does not match 9mm performance.

Federal created it. However, in their marketing they are being deceptive. They compare it to one HST load they make. Federal has readily available four 9mm HST loads. Vista posts up their own load outcomes in all types of media and 30 doesn't match Vista 9mm loads.

Will it match something like Federal Punch? yes. But that isn't the same performance as HST 124gr +P, Gold Dot 124gr, HST 147, G2 Gold Dot 147gr, HST 150gr...

What Vista also does do is compare it to their very own 380 Hydra Shok DEEP. That stuff seems to get as big as 9mm and goes 14". If 380 in less pressure does more than 30SC...Why would anyone buy 30SC?

If 30 Super doesn't go into a smaller gun, no. I don't think gun makers are going to pick it up.

We still don't have a lower round count P365 in .40, but we did get a P365 in 380. Reason for an in between P365? no.

Get it into an LCP sized gun like the 9mm DB9 is, I'd buy it. But it has to work, unlike the DB9. Until then, no point in it.

Last edited:
It in fact does not match 9mm performance.

Federal created it. However, in their marketing they are being deceptive. They compare it to one HST load they make. Federal has readily available four 9mm HST loads. Vista posts up their own load outcomes in all types of media and 30 doesn't match Vista 9mm loads.

Will it match something like Federal Punch? yes. But that isn't the same performance as HST 124gr +P, Gold Dot 124gr, HST 147, G2 Gold Dot 147gr, HST 150gr...

What Vista also does do is compare it to their very own 380 Hydra Shok DEEP. That stuff seems to get as big as 9mm and goes 14". If 380 in less pressure does more than 30SC...Why would anyone buy 30SC?

If 30 Super doesn't go into a smaller gun, no. I don't think gun makers are going to pick it up.

We still don't have a lower round count P365 in .40, but we did get a P365 in 380. Reason for an in between P365? no.

Get it into an LCP sized gun like the 9mm DB9 is, I'd buy it. But it has to work, unlike the DB9. Until then, no point in it.
In all fairness I did say it the concept was to duplicate 9mm performance. Never said they achieved their goal :D. From what i have seen so far, its better thsn 380, but just a hare short of 9mm. Not a terrible place to be. But a lot of people dont want to go below 9mm performance. For some it might be a step up from 380.

What im curious to see it whether it will get chambered in any fill sized and or duty sized gun. Something the size of a g17 would theoretical hold 20-21 rounds.

But it cant make major power factor like hard pushed 9mm, so it will limit competition use.

Weird to see early tests in 1911s, which seems like the worst platform for a tiny cartridge.
I'd be interested, maybe, in a pocket pistol that holds 10-12 of the little dears.

The Shield .30 is such. Loud bang, bright flash, not much if any less felt recoil. Two extra shots.

If my Team Mediocre sponsor wants me to show one, OK, but not on my dime.

I'm not going to buy one because I'm much more of a revolver guy. I do own five 1911's and two SIG 238's, but the vast majority of my handguns are revolvers. That's just what I enjoy shooting. But I am very curious about this new cartridge. I enjoy reading about it and hearing others talk about their experiences with it. I'm more of an "armchair admirer" of the 30 super carry.

I'm still carrying .327 Federal. It's a great revolver round that was poorly supported by the industry. It's a real shame.

This new round is less impressive in what it has to offer. I might be interested but I don't want to go through that again. Another thing holding me back is that I'm a DA/SA guy when it comes to semi-automatics. I probably won't even get an option here...

Like I said though, it needs a smaller than a 9mm gun.

That's why 380 is so popular. It's the LCP that not a single 9mm can beat for size. 380 isn't popular because of the large framed EZ Shield. The EZ Shield exists because 380 exist because of the LCP.

30SC, sure I'll go below 9mm performance just fine. You have to give me an in between LCP and LC9 sized gun though

My Shield Plus in 9mm has pretty well settled the belt carry question for me. So I'm not in need of another belt gun. It looks too big for pocket carry, to that's out. And it's not something I want for the range. But I wish S&W the best of luck in sales.

Back