3 MUST HAVE shotguns?

My choices would be:
A lightweight single shot, for the field.
An easy to buy and service pump, either Mossberg or Remington.
And similar for an auto, probably a 1100.
All 12 gauges, for ammo availability and cost.

3 Shotguns - I must have ............

1. Most Versatile.....Browning Citori XS Skeet model, with adj parallel comb - 30" barrels in a 12ga....( live birds, skeet, sporting clays, 5 stand ...) it does it all real well. I can load it up to 1 1/8 oz loads .../ and I can load 12ga shells down to 7/8 oz like a typical 20ga shell...or even 3/4 oz like a typical 28ga shell...../ I can shoot slugs or "OO" in it for defense if I had to.....
-----------
That's really all I would need, is just one gun ( but if any of you guys tell my wife....you'll be risking bodily harm !!! ) .....:D

----------------------------
But since you'll let me have 3 guns.....

2. For Trap specifically ......Browning Citori XT Trap, 12ga, adj comb, 32" barrels with a GraCoil recoil suppression system in it.....

3. and I know they're ugly ....but I'd keep my Benelli SuperSport 30" barrel, semi-auto in a 12ga.....just because !! I could take the plug out of it ...use it for defense...another good all around gun - does everything pretty well.
-----------
But re-reading the post, you said "must have's" ....not "you can only have 3 shotguns"....

1. Ithaca Model 37: Everyone needs a reliable simple pump.

2. Saiga 12: Just becaue,

3. Any .410: because a challenge is nice here and there

Remington 870 (pick your flavor)

Winchester Mod. 97 (preferably a trench gun)

The nice double of your choosing (a gentleman's shotgun if you will)

The only must have is a Winchester model 12. A couple of nice to haves is a Winchester model 97 and a Stevens 311.

ok

#1- a .410 single shot, mine is a Win 37. Nothing is easier to shoot for youngsters, and an underhanded clay or a squirrel on a limb at 20 is in grave danger and you will get results, which matters to kids. Nobody likes to miss. They are also useful in country places on pests and vermin. But don't expect to much from the .410 as a wing gun.

#2- a 12 ga pump, w/ 3" chamber, with chokes or barrels. Mine is a
now near 30 year old 870 mag w/ 20" RS barrel and a turkey choke, and 26" IC and full barrels. But a Moss 500 w/ tubes would be fine also.
Bamaboy came into a 835 turkey gun with 22" bbl and tubes, and although we
will never shoot 3.5" shells in it, it seems near ideal as well.

I might could just get by w/ 2!!!!!

## but, 3 it is and for that some type of 20ga, though you know, I don't own one and likely never will.

1. Ithaca Model 37
2. Ruger Red Label O/U
3. I would really be fine with just the 2, but in the spirit of answering the question posted I'll round it out with a Remington 1100.

Mine is a little easier:

1. Belgium Browning A5 Light 12 - what I carry in the woods for deer.

2. Belgium Browning A5 Std 12 - it was my grandfathers that he has probably killed 1000 deer with.

3. Belgium Browning A5 SweetSixteen - it's the one my dad has currently used for almost 60 years.

Back