3 months later on the 327 1.87'

Max loads in any handgun cartridge typically don't have the same accuracy as weaker loads do. While .32 is larger than .22, it will still benefit from a subsonic load so the transition doesn't destabilize it in flight.

My goodness, you're painting with a mighty broad brush.

That might be your experience, but it does not describe mine.

The 9mm Bullseye shooters have repeatedly said on the Bullseye forum that they typically have to push the bullets fast to get the best accuracy. In other words, their slow 9mm loads aren't as accurate as their fast loads, and many of these guys probably know more about accuracy than most shooters since they focus on accuracy.

I purchased a Ruger LCR in .327 Federal Magnum because I wanted something to shoot a large stash of .32 S&W and .32 S&W Long cartridges I had on hand and I wanted to try out the LCR compared to my J frames. I also purchased some HKS Speedloaders and some of the .32 H&R Magnum as well as the Gold Dot .327 Fed.

I found the revolver to be light and accurate and a real easy shooter with the regular .32 rounds. The H&R Magnum was very close to .38+P recoil and the .327 Federal Magnum Gold Dots were quite a handful. In the end I believe the revolver is not a good fit for me. My S&W “J” frames remain my go to pocket revolvers and the LCR will be traded off. Glad I tried it but no desire to keep one in the stable

Last edited:
Will agree that max loads are more difficult to shoot without flinching, but not inherently less accurate. Max loads do have to be matched with the right gun (mass), more full size than pocket size.

Back