3 die vs 4 die sets handgun

" this means I have to remove the case from the machine to see if there is powder in there " For powder inspection on taller cases I use a dental mirror. No need to remove the case from press. They have them cheap on Amazon, if you can find one with a swivel head, all the better.
https://tinyurl.com/ybogn6rl

Another fan of the Lee Classic turret here. I load precision rifle with very low runout and precise OAL's using it. Only poor carpenters blame the tool

Because I use such a wide variety of bullets in every caliber of handgun I reload for, I'm constantly resetting/adjusting my dies. Even crimp is adjusted depending on type of bullet and recoil produced. Slight differences in bullet diameter results in different crimp applied too. Adjusting dies is not very time consuming, nor is it difficult.

For a few calibers I have 5 or 6 die sets, different seat/crimp dies for different specific bullets I use frequently.

I've always purchased carbide 4 die sets until I recently decided to start reloading 9mm & all that was available at the time were 3 die carbide set with the bullet seater/crimp combo die. Takes a bit more adjustment to get it just right but once set up seems to work fine me.

Back