3 Day Suspension From eBay For Listing A Blank Pistol

I remember when you could buy pistols through the mail from Herters Sportinng Goods. Anyone remember Herters? The old Herter's catalogue was bigger than the giant old Sears catalogue.
I bought several reloading supplies from Herters includind theit .308 Wasp Waist bullets. I visited the store in Waseca at least once. A very impressive place.

Bob
WB8NQW

eBay is very unfriendly to us gun lovers it's too bad

Maybe if they realized how many of us gun enthusiasts they are missing out on they would widen up

Not unfriendly to gun lovers. It isn't a people issue. It is a thing issue. There are gun lovers who will take personal offense to it, but everybody these days seems to have the need to express feeling offended. eBay will happily sell non-gun stuff to gun owners and allow gun owners to sell non-gun stuff. Again, not a people issue.

They fully comprehend what they are doing. They used to allow all that stuff and so know full well what it is costing them and they are more than happy with what they are making without the gun industry.

You got rid of your Herter's catalog? I sold a P89 Ruger slide complete with a captured spring and barrel for a 30 Luger on Ebay. I checked my account and noticed I had not been paid, I was not informed of the shipping information. I was told I would not be paid until the purchaser notified Ebay he was completely satisfied etc.

It took a little time but I got all the information on the buyer and Ebay almost passed out. They informed me they did not want me to talk to the buyer and if they found out I contacted a buyer they would ban me. So you think Ebay is anti gun? They are anti seller! I had two other complete 45 ACP slides for the Ruger P90 DC for sale at the same time. And then there were the airplane propellers.

Anyhow; when the ship hit the sand I cancelled the sale of the slide and cancelled the other items listed.

And now I have to become creative; I have the tour/stage decorations for a UB40 tour. It has nothing to do with the wife not liking parrots hanging on the wall; it has to do with a picture frame and walls being 8' tall. The parrots are 18 ft.

Forgot, the buyer had a tantrum when I instructed PayPal to give him his money back. He was angry with me, that is something a gunowner should not do. Things will stay the same because he was not angry with Ebay.

F. Guffey

I've heard that they will let you sell a holster, if you put up a pic of an EMPTY holster, but if the pic is a holster with a gun in it, you will be banned.

Their place, their rules. My business, my money, none goes to them, because of their rules.

Back