28" or 30" O/U

Yep silver leaf is only a few miles down the same road I live on. And it's the higher of the two clubs. It's a beautiful range. And I'm sure we'll worth the money. Just a little costly right now. I'm not saying I'll never go. Just not in the cards right away.

Sometimes it is worth it to go to the high dollar club, such as one in my area has some pretty decent rentals. Once in a while I go there, but usually I need a specific reason; to meet someone, take a lesson, or try a demo (rental), but otherwise the closer and less costly range does the trick. My main point was that while some private clubs have a fee for membership, many or open to the public even if some privileges may be reserved for members.

True. This club is semi private. Open to the public most weekdays. There is one sporting clays course exclusive to members. Also members get a small discount on their round of targets. If I understood the information correctly. The other farther cheaper range suits me Better and is a nice range. They only offer trap and skeet however. They do offer every discipline other than scatter gunning also. Which is a plus to me.

Another pondering question. I would love to join for the experience. But at $300 for startup, that's like a truck payment...or a small chunk of this O/U I want to buy. Or reloading goodies...or half of a good used gun. I don't know. Maybe if work gets crazy good then just maybe....then I won't ever have time to go!!!!! :confused: :(

I am far more the upland hunter, though I have dabbled in sporting clays a handful of times. Good fun.

I have been well-served by the 28" barrel. But people who bust clay a lot seem to gravitate to the longer barrels.

Back