.243 WSSM Rifles

Around .75 inches at a 100 yards off a shooting bag, I'm buying a single stage press in a few weeks to start reloading, and hopefully i can get an ever better reload dialed in then! Looking forward to deer season for it!

Don't know a thing about single stage presses.

Search for threads and/or ask down in the reloading forum, if you haven't, you'll get more info than you can process.

Djbuttolph said:
Got any input on the difference between the Challenger vs the classic?

I used a Challenger press for twenty years, reloaded everything on it, from .38 Special to .30-06. Great little press and I'd still be using it if my kids hadn't upgraded me to a Classic Cast two years ago for Christmas. I gifted the Challenger to a next-door neighbor who's using it to start reloading.

There's not a thing wrong with the Challenger press. Good strength and plenty of room under the ram. However, the Classic is easily double, maybe triple the press the Challenger is. Big, heavy, steel press, definitely a keeper.

I would skip the Challenger and go with the Classic Cast. I'm sure the Challenger would be fine for your needs for now but it's almost surely something you will upgrade in the future. The Classic Cast is worth saving a few more Pennies for.

Sent From My Galaxy S 4g Using Tapatalk

I have two 243 wssm's . a Browning A-bolt madalion and an Olympic arms AR-15 with a 24 " bull barrel. I plan on ordering another AR -15 from Mike at D-tech . He builds custom uppers with match grade barrels . The 243 wssm is my go to 300 yard coyote killer .Load it up with Balistic tips and blow them up !!!

I was looking at an AR in 25wssm; 243wssm is just as intriguing. I don't see the downside. If you can handload, it's the bees knees.

Mine is one of the 70's. Some low end model of the 70 that Win made right before they sold out. Barreled action is good, but the stock is junk. I bought it and a .270 WSM at the pawn shop as a pair. Some brain surgeon had bulged the barrel on the .270 so I pretty much bought it for the action. Got both for $425 so it was a could not pass up deal. 2 Mod 70 bare actions are worth more than that.

Back