243 muzzle brake

While a 243 has little recoil for an inexperienced shooter to tolerate,you have to remember this is for an 8 year old kid. I may be in the minority here, but if you are considering ways of reducing recoil on a 243 for a youngster to handle, then maybe a 243 is a bit too much.
A 222 or 223 may be more suited for an 8 year olds first centerfire(even then under strict supervision), and in my experience are also considerably quieter to shoot. I know kids vary considerably but maybe start on a 222/223 & move on to 243/30-06 territory once the kid has become proficient in a few years time.

Start the kid out with a .22. He will have just as much fun without developing a flinch or being afraid of the gun. If you are thinking of deer hunting for an 8 year old, are you doing it for him or you?

My daughter is nine and she wants to deer hunt so I'm taking her to OK next week to let her try. I've been taking her hunting with me since she was five, last year she said she wanted to hunt. I told her if she passed hunters safety and kept her grades up I'd find something for her to hunt. She kept up her end so I'm keeping mine, she gets to hunt because she wants too. She gets to decide as well if she actually wants to shoot, as I'll never force her to pull the trigger. I'm just going to give her the opportunity the rest is up to her.

I installed a JP Recoil Eliminator on my Competitor pistol in .243 win. The difference is night and day! If it was a rifle, I'd bet it'll feel like shooting a .22LR.

Reduces muzzle rise and bipod hop, allows you to spot your own hits at long range that would be impossible without.

Has nothing to do with being "man" enough to handle the recoil in lighter calibers- though it's certainly more pleasant sending 100 rounds of .308 with one, than without.

To the OP, it will likely change your POI, but a quality brake that is concentric to the bore and correctly threaded will not reduce accuracy.

Back