22LR pistols, an incomplete journey

Congratulations on reaching your destination. Sorry to hear about the out of the box issues. It seems even the best manufacturers are letting problems slip through to the consumer. I imagine they'll make it right. I like the Victory. I hope it lives up to your expectations.

Journey completed.

I ended up with the S&W Victory. It had the best price and it felt good in my hand.

Congrats on the new Smith Victory! Sounds like the Smith was the right choice. I'm sure they will make good on the missing spring. Enjoy that 22!

I just won an auction for another 22 pistol myself today , seems like the more years I shoot the more I appreciate a nice 22 handgun.

Congrats on the S&W Victory. I'm an admitted Ruger fan but the Victory I shot seemed like a really solid pistol.

Now days when folk start talking about getting a .22 semi-auto and I see all the threaded barrels that you can get included right from the manufacturer I grind my teeth that the suppressor bill seems to be stalled.

IMhO there's no good reason at all not to allow suppressors. The guns are still pretty loud, they would be harder for a bad guy to conceal them and goodness, some EUROPEANS require suppressors on some of their ranges. And if the EUROPEANS are okay with it doesn't that mean it's a terribly, terribly civilized thing to do?

Congrats on the Victory - looks like a very user-friendly design. Hope you get the extractor issue sorted out.

I only feed my Buckmark with slightly higher velocity stuff: CCI Mini Mags or Stingers. Haven't tried standard velocity ammo, who knows - it might run just as well.

Update:

All FTE issues have been sorted out.
S&W sent a new spring and screw for the sight. They were very helpful and prompt
I put a Burris FF3 on it and it is a very enjoyable gun to shoot.

Now I just have to figure out what I want next :)

Update:

All FTE issues have been sorted out.
S&W sent a new spring and screw for the sight. They were very helpful and prompt
I put a Burris FF3 on it and it is a very enjoyable gun to shoot.

Now I just have to figure out what I want next :)
Glad it worked out. Good prices on Volquartsen on eBay and the seller is a bona fide LGS. The fluted barrel is a fine choice, but I have to say the lightweight carbon barrel is super sweet. If you were in Houston, you could shoot mine and see.

Back