22LR Ammo Brick, $149.89. WOW!

CTD is currently selling stuff higher than being sold on Federal's own website. But all ammo online stores are.

I'm telling you, right now, something is wrong with the ammo business online. You shouldn't be able to get free shipping and WAY cheaper from the manufacturer. We're getting gouged.

You shouldn't be able to get free shipping and WAY cheaper from the manufacturer. We're getting gouged.

Are you buying ammo at the current level of pricing?
If no, then you're not getting gouged.
If yes, then you have determined that, for your needs, the exchange of money for goods was worth the cost, so you're not getting gouged.
People were really spoiled by the glut after trump won and the subsequent drop in a lot of prices and now with everything happening, prices are climbing back up again.

I would take a guess that there are plenty of people living in certain parts of the country that will pay any amount for any ammo they can get. Someone related an anecdote elsewhere where a customer came up to a gun shop sales clerk with ammo she found on the shelf and told the clerk she needed a gun that would shoot that ammo.

The prices rising like that ensures that the people in the most dire need will be the ones that get it, because those of us who either stocked up in advance or have flexibility in ammo use, or don't feel as threatened won't pay those prices.

The law of supply and demand works beautifully when it is allowed to.

Between the "Obama's gonna take our guns scare" and the present panic i managed to lay in a super supply of .22 ammunition. When friends need .22 ammo i've got it.

I thought we thoroughly well boycotted them after sandy hook

Not patronizing a business isn't a boycott unless you tell the business WHY they aren't getting your business.

I don't recall ever hearing about a boycott of Cheaper Than Dirt. what did they do (after Sandy Hook?) to warrant such action?

I will admit I don't do business with CTD, never have, so if they did something to upset us, I probably missed it. The reason I don't give them my business is they say cheaper than dirt, but they aren't... :rolleyes:

I bought a LOT of .22LR ammo back when it was $7-8-9 a brick. Stopped because I had plenty. haven't bought hardly any, since. Still got somewhere upwards of 10,000 rnds or so. I'm not remotely interested in $150 a brick, though if you're willing to pay ME that, I might consider selling a brick or maybe 2...

But not my Vipers! :D

I thought we thoroughly well boycotted them after sandy hook
Not patronizing a business isn't a boycott unless you tell the business WHY they aren't getting your business.
+1 to Whiskey
And I wrote a very long email to CTD after I hit the unsubscribe me for their email list. I explained, in maybe not all nice words, what I thought of them and their business practices, and exactly why I unsubscribed from the email list. After I seen them cancel orders and then relist the items at a higher price they will never get another dime from me. I would stop shooting before I would buy from them. Yes my undies are still in a bunch over it. Raising prices due to low supply is rational, but they went above and beyond. So they have lost my business and I hope others as well.

OK, and yes I do agree, breaking the contracted order so they could sell the item to someone else for higher profit certainly demands action. Legal action on principle if possible.

And telling them why you are no longer going to be a customer is doing it the right way.

Sad to say, the firearms market has its own version of the shady "used car salesman" dealer, and when we find them, they shouldn't get a penny of our money, ever.

I hear you, we get enough flak from the non-gun folks, it's too bad we eat our own sometimes. But if I learned anything for the shortages is that it's better to buy know and have excess than to be without. dad always gave me grief able buying cases of ammo or primers. But now I have the resources to still shoot and reload if I please. Many bought one box of ammo for the weekend and figure they'll get more if they decide to hit the range. I work with a guy who was excited to get a SW 9mm pistol, too bad he had to pay through the nose for ammo and only found a couple of boxes.

I bought a LOT of .22LR ammo back when it was $7-8-9 a brick. Stopped because I had plenty. haven't bought hardly any, since. Still got somewhere upwards of 10,000 rnds or so. I'm not remotely interested in $150 a brick, though if you're willing to pay ME that, I might consider selling a brick or maybe 2...

But, according to some here, that would make YOU one of "those guys. the GOUGERS".....;)

But, according to some here, that would make YOU one of "those guys. the GOUGERS".....

..I suppose some might feel that way, BUT, I don't think I'm a gouger, because I'm not OFFERING any for sale.

Were someone to seek me out and offer me stupidly huge amounts of cash for something I own, I'd consider selling it. Not saying I would sell, just saying I'd consider it.

Anyone want to pay me $60,000 for my 2006 Ford Focus?? I'd DEFINATELY consider that....cash only though....:rolleyes:

Just saw in a local auction that one of the 550 boxes of Federal bulk .22 HP has a $77 bid (that's without the auction house surcharge plus sales tax and possibly shipping). Another listing in the same auction running at aver $35 per 500 rounds.

There is still 12 to 18 hours to go on the auction as well.

gnystrom: You would learn a martial arts skill before buying from CTD.

Same here.
My first Krav Maga (Israeli self-defense) classes began last year at age 64, in Arlington TN.

Not a CTD fanboy!

The last time I dealt with CTD was after Slick Willies election but before his inauguration. Decent prices, had issues with some of the merchandise, they willingly made it good.
Since then I have seen nothing but deservedly bad press about them.
Did they change owners or management about then?:confused:

CTD Has always price gouging

Good Lord, here we go again; suffice to say, no they do not gouge if someone WILLINGLY pays for something they offer for sale. I fail to see why this concept is SO hard for some to understand

The last time I bought Armscor 22lr I paid .03 cents around. I picked up 2k. I have found some unreal prices for guns and ammo since the pandemic and "peaceful protesters" burning down cities. I haven't bought any ammo or guns, and don't plan on doing so until things settle down a bit. I do feel bad for the estimated 2.5 million new gun owners trying to buy ammo. I know I need to pray more for our country and our president

Back