223 Suppressor

don't have any first-hand experience with suppressors on a .223, but I think they're still loud enough to require hearing protection (although you might be able to get away with single hearing protection if you currently use double hearing protection.)

I've heard at least 1 Gemtech that was quiet enough to use without hearing protection.....even in full auto. A guy was out at the range a couple of years back trying to perfect an AR gas regulator he was working on for use with suppressors. He was using a gemtech - don't know what kind, but it was quiet enough to not use hearing protection. But, it's still far from being "silent".

What about Surefires? I've heard great things about Surefire's line of silencers too. Hear the POI shift is very minimal on their silencers. Anyone have experience to offer on a surefire can?

question, i bought my first can a couple months ago for my 9mm colt sporter AR. can the same can be effectively used for .223?
also, what price range are we talking for the cans mentioned, like a gemtech etc?
thanks

question, i bought my first can a couple months ago for my 9mm colt sporter AR. can the same can be effectively used for .223?

No, the pressures generated are very different from pistol and rifle cartridges.
You can do it, but you can ruin your 9mm can.

theres a good chance the can will rupture if its for 9mm, there are a few steel cans that can handle 223 but most 9mm will not.

bad idea.

Back