223 Projectiles

Yep. Gotcha.

My observation is that calculator does quite well with 30 cal bullets, but frequently underestimates the stability of 22's by a bit. The other calculator can give you a second opinion. I think the difference may have to do with how mass distribution is assumed to be uniform when hollow points actually move the center of gravity and the overturning moment of inertia rearward, and do that most significantly in the little bullets in favor of better stability.

I know of one 9" gun that opened up to 1 MOA with the 77s over the 69s, indicating stability was sub-optimal, and one fellow complained of keyholes, but I don't recall the particulars nor his actual twist. Some folks measuring twist can find it off by half an inch in some barrels.

brasscollector, nice to see a site that still has stock items. no worries.

------

Rimfire5, thanks. Never considered going heavier than 69gr.

------

MarkCO, thank you. From reading all the replies... am curious to try different ones. I did buy more Nosler CC and have been happy with the results but much more room to improve. With time I guess. I did buy some Nosler Varmageddon 55gr and another box of Sierra MK 69gr. I might just go ahead and start getting a couple of here and there. Since I can't go nowhere yet at least I will have when I reload them.

------

Marco Califo, thank you for the reply. Did go through the website you provided for accurate shooter. Very helpful.

------

Crankylove, yes did see them online or cheaper. More affordable, definitely.

------

bacardisteve, how many different projectiles did you test before you found out the hornady 75gr bthp were better for you or do you load other ones?

------

Scorch, well at least I can try the Sierra's and determine how they will perform for me. Guess won't hurt much if they wont work as I got them on sale. lol.

------

Unclenick, thanks for the information.

Well it will be a long ride but a fun one definitely. Can't complain about getting different brands/weights as if I don't try them all (reasonably), I won't know for sure what is better the rifle.

Back