22 scope advice

Yes, parallax could be an issue. I like K4s, and K6s. Great hunting scopes, makes you focus on the animal instead of playing with the scope. And yes I believe that you get what you pay for. I have a few Leupolds, Nikons, and Burris scopes. But, most 22 rimfires do not generate the recoil that tears apart a scope. A 10-22 or other semi-auto needs more scope than a bolt to withstand the 2 directional recoil, but not a $1000 scope. I use upper level Simmons and Bushnells on most of my 22s. And those can be had with an adjustable objective for a reasonable price.

Here's a Simmon's Pro target .22 scope that I put on my 7mm rem mag for about 60 rounds. It had enough adjustment that I was hitting out to 1300yds. (35moa)

Picture001-1.jpg

WOW Chuck

Is it me or is your scope mounted wrong . :confused:Elevation should be on top ,no?:eek:

If i understand you . you put a scope that is designed for a 22 cal ( not 223 but 22lr or 22mag ) on a 7mm mag. That's pretty cool . I would think the reticle would just roll over and die with that kind of recoil . I have a couple of simmons scopes . There hard to beat for the money .

Tasco world class are nice for the money as well . I have a tasco world class 3-9x40 mil-dot on my Ruger American rifle (308) . I / It shoots 3/4 moa at 100 yards no problem .
phone004.jpg

Last edited:
It's you, elevation is on top although Simmons dropped the ball on the numbers, there backwards!

Someone was bashing Simmons center fire scopes saying about the same thing that they would fall apart. I opened my mouth and said that I wouldn't be afraid to put my Simmons .22 scope on a center fire. Since I was between scopes at the time I said what the hell and put it on.
Then you get, "your lucky" and "it'll eventually fail". I'm almost stubborn enough to leave it on for the next 5 years, almost.

Here's a 4 shot group with the Simmons on meaured a little under .25

Picture005-1.jpg

Last edited:
NICE ! Very NICE !

OMG thats a nice group ! If thats 100 yds WoW:cool:

OK Im going to put my simmons 8 point 3-9x50 on one of my ARs . Yes its a center fire scope but only cost $45 . So by most peoples standards on here and what they post . It should just burst in to flames or something on the first shot :eek: We'll see going to the 300 yard range on firday . If it rolls over and dies oh well I'll be wrong and they'll be right :(

I just noticed that the simmons has a side focus on it . Thats why I thought it was turned so the elevation was on the left and not on top .

Last edited:
I put a Nikon Buckmasters 6-18x40 on a CZ 455 Varmint. The magnification is a little overkill, but I wanted to be able to use the same scope on this rifle, the same rifle with a .17 HMR barrel, and then be able to put it on a larger caliber rifle later on for some precision work at decent distances. I like it so far.

Just go for it

About a month ago I bought a MkII fv no sights I was in the same fix as you trying to figue out which scope to go with.I was digging around in my gun room and found a Bushnell sport chief 3-9 target dot fine cross hair that I have no idea where it came from I found some rings slapped it on and after some dinking around with it got it dialed in at 50yds and with a little work on my part it shoots 1/2 to3/4 in groups.IMHO a 3-9 non AO is plenty for most shooting you are going to do with a .22
good luck and good shooting
ELMO

Back