.22 revolver fans?

Hmmmm

Am I the only owner of a Taurus 96? (It's been a while and I'm not entirely sure of the model number). It is their six shot six-inch target revolver. Damn accurate too! From what I hear, they quit making them a couple of years ago. Cost is (was) half of what a S&W 17 demands, and being a DA revolver, makes for a perfect gun to train the newbies.

Hi Speed
Check out one of the older Dan Wessons. There's a reason they ruled the silhouette tournments. Most of the Dan Wessons are 1/2 the price of a S&W and people Have no ideal the barrels were made for Dan Wesson by a company that made some of the best bench rest rifles. You can find them if you look hard enough normal price for a used gun in 90% condition is $200 to $275.

Best of luck

another vote for the colt diamondback, mine is the 4" blued

better balance and tigger with comparable accuracy to my m-17

the only .22lr wheelgun i've shot that was more accurate was a dan wesson w/6" barrel

there is no substitute...........

S&W Model 18-2, blued 4 inch heavy barrel, target trigger, target hammer, beautiful grips and adjustable sights. The best I've ever had or shot!;)

One of my two...

...Old Model Rugers, either the Bearcat or the Single Six.

Both are just sweet little guns, but the Bearcat may have an edge in style points... (Nothin' like hearing that "cl-cl-cl-cl-click" when you thumb the hammer back on one of the old ones. :) )

S&W 18!

Got to go with S&W 18! Absolutely THE finest 22 revolver. I remember as a kid reading about Bob Milek of Guns & Ammo surviving a blizzard with a S&W 18 and some Remington hollowpoints. He took some rabbits out of an old barn and ate rabbit for days. Great survival tale. Bob loved the Model 18. Reading all those articles as a kid, I guess that is where I got the itch to buy one. Ol' Bob didnt steer me wrong. God bless his soul. He has been dead for quite a few years now but his memory lives on with some of us!;)

S&W 617 6" 6-shot. More accurate than any other handgun I own.

Ruger SP101 with half shroud barrel and hogue grip. Nice small field and tacklebox gun that will probably last a million rounds.

Colt Officers Model Target with adjustable front and rear sights. Haven't shot it yet, but what a beauty.

I love my Ruger Single Six's (I have 3 of them), but I also love my S&W's (I have two of them 17 & 18). I shoot my 17 6" more than any of them, but if I had to keep one, it would be the 18.

Back