.22 Cal rimfire rifles?

Wagon is correct, 455. One of those purchases when I wonder if I am spending too much money on a luxury and then never regret it for a moment.

I had the .22 WMR before the HMR came out, can't see changing things up right now.
I'm trying to avoid adding new cartridges to my lineup right now. Same reason I'm not going back to 22 mag right now. Just explaining why.

Cz makes an amazing rifle. But if I had a 10/22 I would go ruger american for mag compatability. Only downfall to the cz is the mags imho. Not the best designs, materials, and extensive.

I absolutely love 22 LR rifles. I own 6 or 7 of them (4 77/22, 1 10/22, 1 Rem 541T, a Winchester 52, some others). I have owned a 22 WMR for the past 35 years, a Ruger 77/22 Mag. Great gun, love it. I also built a 17 HMR on a Remington 580 action (single shot). Very accurate. but I guess I just never clicked with the 17 HMR, I could take it or leave it. Cost of shooting both the 22 WMR and tht 17 HMR is about the same (about $.35/shot), too much when compared with the 22 LR ($.10/shot) for the little bit extra power you get. If I need the oomph to reach out farther than the 22 LR will, I reach for a 223 or 22-250. Loud? Yes. Effective? Absolutely.

Savages, FVSR rifles the B22 magnum and the 22lr. The 22 magnum is suppressor ready as is the 22lr both for under 600 dollars can up grade them with a Boyd's at-one stock. Very accurate comparable to CZ if not the CZ would beat out the Savage by a few thousands of an inch in group size but at a higher cost.

I might have too much fondness of rimfire rifles too Scorch. I never clicked with the .17HMR and once I got into AR15s and bought 20K 40g .22 Mag pulls, I dumped my .22WMR too. I load AA1680 under those for about 2200 fps.

But .22LRs are just too much fun. I still have my Grandfathers Marlin and my Dad's Remington bolt action that he carved a squirrel on the buttstock when he was a teenager. My first .22, a Remington Speedmaster pump and several 10/22s. Most recently built a precision 10/22. Was hitting a 6" gong at 330 yards at a 100% rate last week. In theory, I should be able to have 5 bullets in the air when the first one hits steel. So that is something I am going to work on trying to do for kicks.

In these times, it can be a matter of what's available. It looks like Ruger just shipped out a run of the American Predators in 22LR and 22Magnum. Several online stores have them. $399 is the lowest price I have seen.

Maybe I'm wrong but will a 22 mag even work with a suppressor? I thought the velocity was too high to work with a suppressor. But I personally really like the 22 mag round. I have 5500 rounds on hand and two Marlin bolt actions, a 783 and 883 to shoot it through. Nice accurate rifles.

A suppressed 22 bolt would be fun to have. I could see a real use for that gun. But standard speed 22 ammo in a long barrel can be pretty quiet without a suppressor.

Maybe I'm wrong but will a 22 mag even work with a suppressor? I thought the velocity was too high to work with a suppressor. But I personally really like the 22 mag round. I have 5500 rounds on hand and two Marlin bolt actions, a 783 and 883 to shoot it through. Nice accurate rifles.

A suppressed 22 bolt would be fun to have. I could see a real use for that gun. But standard speed 22 ammo in a long barrel can be pretty quiet without a suppressor.
I'm not an expert, but I looked at a few silencer websites. SilencerCo, Gemtech, and Dead Air, to be exact. Some rimfire silencers are rated for 22 mag, some are not.

A suppressor works on anything, but cannot do anything about rounds that are supersonic downrange. Suppressors/"silencers" reduce or eliminate muzzle blast, and if the bullet is subsonic this makes the gun very quiet.

But if the bullet is supersonic there will be a sonic "crack" every time the bullet passes close enough to an object.

As to the .22WMR, I've always felt it to be a fine cartridge, no where near worth what they cost. I thought they cost too much when they were $6 a box and today they are $16 and up (and all out of stock, currently).

I think that's just too much for non-reloadable ammo. Back before the current shortages I could duplicate .22wmr performance by downloading the .22 Hornet a bit, and do it cheaper than buying .22WMR, and being able to reload the brass multiple times.

I have a .22WMR cylinder for my Ruger Super Single Six convertible. It, and two partial boxes of wmr ammo have been sitting in a box for the past 30+ years. If I need more than .22LR I have a Contender .22 Hornet and a Ruger No.3 .22 Hornet and my reloading set up.

I throw my money away lots and lots and lots of places. One of the few places I don't is using the .22 WMR. If you want to throw your money that way, by all means do so, its your money and you should use it for what you enjoy. I'll do the same.

Yeah, I very much enjoy shooting .22 mag. Nice hot little round with great penetration capabilities for a rimfire. I would be tickled pink to have 5500 rounds onboard.

I really love my Ruger American in 22WRM. It has target rifle accuracy at a non-target rifle price. I've never shot a CZ, but if the trigger is that much better than the Ruger, I would really like to shoot one.

CZ 457 Training rifle. With that almost 25" barrel, these suckers shoot! Great trigger, amazing accuracy. Walnut stock.

I picked up a Savage B22 a couple years ago and it is so accurate it’s boring to shoot. It has a heavy barrel and I put just a cheap Bushnell.22 BDC scope on it. At 50yds it’s 1/2”, 75yds 3/4”, and at 100yds it opens up to about 1 1/4”. This is with Aguia ammo, and most other ammo is just slightly bigger groups. The only complaint I have is the rotary mag is kind of a pita to load, but once you get the feel for it, it’s not too bad. Even the BDC marks are fairly close to being right on

Back