.22 ammo

In Eastern PA I can get 325 round boxes of Federal Target Grade for $22 at my LGS or Cabelas most days. Local Walmarts OTOH have decent quantities of most handgun ammunition except for .22 which I haven't seen on the shelf for months. Sales folks say they do get it but it sells out quickly.

Was at my LGS (chain store) today picking up a carbine and saw off brand 50 packs for $3.99.
Funny thing was I was checking out my 22 stash yesterday and saw a brick (500 rnds) that had $6.46 on the price tag. Probably the cheapest one in the cans tho...

Back here too . . .

I live in rural southern IL. Even two years ago it was hard to find. Now it's everywhere. Prices are not back to pre-scarcity levels, unless someone has a big sale.

Live well, be safe
Prof Young

Earlier in the week the Lawton, OK Academy store had 525 round cartons of Federal Champion .22 LR ammo for $22.49. 50 round boxes of Federal Federal American Eagle was $2.49.

Here in Colorado Springs, .22 LR is plentiful, average cost ranges from 7-10 cents per round. I'd rather pay a bit more for better quality ammo; the really cheap stuff is too filthy and inconsistent. They can keep the thunderbolts!

Wow. 525 for $22.49; thats 4 cents a round. I never thought I would see that kind of price again. Maybe someday we will have something similar here in IL.

Was in a Pennsylvania Gander Mountain last week(not my normal stomping grounds) and they had Blaser 22, $2.49 a box limit of 3. You can find 22 in Utah with out much trouble. If it were me I would buy it and stock it deep. You never know when It will become hard to find. I try and do this with all calibers.

I pick up CCI Standard Velocity for $4.55 a box and Federal High Velocity for $2.99 a box at my local Cabelas.

Back