22-250

dgc940 whatever!

22-250 bounce off a deer!Do you have a clue how fast a 22-250 goes.It can easily take a deer down no problem.Any soft nose or hollow point.The 22-250 is really made for wildcats,at far ranges.Look at ballistic tests and practice with your gun.It's the only way to tell.I would rather my 30-06 but choose your poison.dgc940 should learn about high powered rifles.;) a22 lr can kill a deer if placed right.

I think we all can agree that the bullet is too small and too fast. However, up here freezers are filled with a .22 mag and a flash light after dark. I don't poach, but many up here do, and a .22 mag is the round of choice.

I have an old Remmy 788 in 22-250, and thought I would try it out on whitetails a few years back. I smoked a 160lb Doe @ 75yds with a 55gr BarnesX. I put the shot low, behind the shoulder, and she jumped then ran another 75yds and piled up.

I wasn't happy with the performance, but she was recovered, peeled, and wrapped. Neck shots should do the trick. My Mini 14 proved that.

Good luck this year Brothers & Sisters

dgc940 if you can make the shot a 22-250 will work just fine. Hell I know a girl that uses a 222 and takes deer every year. Neck or double lung shot! Don't try to make a shoulder shot. Also a neck shot near the base of the skull works good.

I know people who lost deer shooting a 300 winchester mag on these little Texas white tails. Shot placement is everything.

Roy i knwo what you mean i usde to shoot alot of ram sillouettes(sp) with a 223, but bigger calibers will penetrate too. I put 2 holes in a steel ram at 200 yards with a 300 win mag

Back