22-250 Stopping Power...

Status
Not open for further replies.
MythBusters is nonsense. I don't remember seeing their tapes in Physics class. When the Warren Commission had the investigations going on, the biggest problem they had was finding targets that would react identically to real world conditions. I never watched it on a regular basis, but when they had the BS show about not being able to put a bullet through a scope, that was it for me. With all the cheap surplus rifles and scopes out there, why would they use something that was not even close?

I almost didn't mention MythBusters because I figured the response would focus on that. OK.... forget about MythBusters. It doesn't matter, all they did is confirm the physics.

Watch the video. Do the math, if you want. Either way, it's impossible.

You can also Google "bullet cause person fly". Do some reading. It's impossible.

Or, review Newton's Third Law. It's impossible.

Maybe more people should observe and experiment more instead of believing everything they read. I had a Physics Professor try and tell me that a 100 amp breaker box could not have a value of more than 100 amps when you added all the breakers together. I started to talk about "Piggy Backs" and he said that was like putting a penny in a fuse socket. His buddy tried to tell me hot goes to cold. ALWAYS. What a bunch of crap. When I was younger I used to machine glass. You tell somebody else that. No wonder this country can't manufacture anything anymore. A lot of old laws should not be chiseled in stone.

You may believe what you'd like, sir. The evidence, properly considered, proves otherwise. We've derailed this thread quite enough. Perhaps I'll start a new thread on this topic.

I have to side with Brian on this one. For a bullet to spin a deer around like that or cause it to fly through the air it would have to be the size of a cannonball. As a bullet pushes through the deer, the body of the deer absorbs most of the energy of the bullet as it passes through causing all the internal damage we love to see. for it to spin the deer around it would have to reflect energy off of the deer instead of absorbing it, and the only way I know to accomplish that would be to outfit the deer with body armor. If a deer spins or flys when hit its from sudden shock to its body, usually it's nervous system. This sudden jump or spin followed by instant death is most commonly referred to as "bang flop"

But everyone is entitled to their own beliefs.

I've also seen people on tv get shot 6 times with a 44 mag and it never phases them. If its shown on tv then you know it's true.

If you want knock down power, hit one with a Ford F150... :D

I say this because there was a forked horn buck in my driveway when I came home last evening and I almost ran him over with my truck but I locked up the brakes and slid at the last second. I can tell you there's a pile of deer poop in my driveway. I think this is the one that's been eating my strawberry plants and I really have it in for him...

Tony

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back