2020 Python Rifling Marks

DirtyHarold

647999bc9c3957ad88c900787d508d54.jpg

Hello Folks,

Those of you who have the new pythons, do you notice these marks on the lands of your rifling?

Much like the joked about HK, "You suck and we hate you," you might get the reverse from other forum members who will be like, "It's expensive, you just don't understand."

:)

Let us know how that convo goes with Colt/CZ :)

THAT doesn't look right! I've heard some good things about the new Pythons. This is the first negative thing I've seen. Pretty negative in my opinion, though. I wonder what other examples look like?

For my half as expensive 686 Plus I picked up last week with a January build date, I didn't see those improvement grooves. There always has to be that someone :D

o1Cy0Flm.jpg

A little J-B Bore Paste perhaps ... well maybe not ...
Are those marks as rough as they seem ... if so that is a crying shame that Colt let that kind of work go out the door .
Good luck with getting it fixed .
Gary

How in the crap did your iPhone focus so close? Amazing. I couldn't get it on my 686 I was joking about.

Come back when you hear from Colt. I think we are all super interested in what they do for you (should do something).

I call that "Savage railroad tracks", see them in other bores occasionally as well. I sometimes wonder if that's left in on purpose to fill the bore with fouling to reach that "conditioned" balance where things start shooting well. I hate fouling in my bores so this stuff drives me insane. For a gun that is well north of $1K I wouldn't be too happy, either. But maybe they have a reason for the railroad tracks??

Last edited:
In July 2019, you posted about a S&W with those marks in the barrel. Now, Feb 2022 you have a Colt Python with those marks. You must have some kind of special "luck". :rolleyes:

Do you even look at a gun before you buy it???

Back