2017 - Boring Year For Guns?

I handled the spectrum at shot show and was favorably impressed. It was actually really well-designed little gun, which was kind of a shocker to me. We'll see how they perform in production. Colt cobra is a new design (don't tell me it's the same as the old colt cobra or other colt wheel guns. It's not.). So is the CZ P10c (kind of). Flat out new designs are not an every year kind of thing. When the LCR came out that was a big deal. When the Sig P320 modular gun came out that was a pretty big deal.
Boberg/Bond Arms is totally unique. Remington's R51 is unique. But I don't expect a completely new design of a gun to come out every year. I don't think any of us should

"New" or "Exciting" isn't a big deal for me anymore. What I would really like is a Dan Wesson V-Bob or Guardian in 9mm but I can't even bring myself to spend the money for a Colt LW Commander in 9mm.

My "grail" guns are a pre-war S&W 5 screw and a Colt Official Police from the same era. So many "new" guns are just a variation of the M1911 or AR-15.
And I am a steel and walnut man.

You mean you weren't totally blown away by the Springfield Armory AR 15- "Saint"? I mean ,was this not the perfect time to bring out another AR? Exactly what the gun world needed.:D

At this time in my life new just does not cut it like it did 30 years ago . I have always had a thing for Ruger Super Blackhawks and have shot them for a lot of years . I have been having RSB,s rebuilt to my liking and really having fun with them . I now have 3 Super Blackhawks cut to 4,5/8 and action jobs that are a joy to shoot . One built in 1972 one in 1976 and one in 1984 .and love them all .

You mean you weren't totally blown away by the Springfield Armory AR 15- "Saint"? I mean ,was this not the perfect time to bring out another AR? Exactly what the gun world needed.

Agree 100%.

Only new gun that has caught my interest is the CZ P10. I will be buying one ASAP.

Back