2010 Rockchuck hunting!!! First video of the season!

I have shot in this same area Jake is in.
You dont get nice flat places to shoot from.
It is usually windy, not jus a light breeze.
You have to shoot in all kinds of contorted positions or off hand.
Maybe some people can still light up the X ring everytime in these conditions, I sure can't, dont know many who can.

Just curious but how many chucks does one need to get to win? Or is it the size that matters? Also, do you have to recover the bodies cause half the places I hunt there is no way to get access to the bodies.

It just depends on the kind of tourney but most of them go on weight best on three or best on five mostly three though. Occasionally there is one for the most killed but rare and mainly a two man team tourney. and yes you have to have the bodies and they weigh more with their guts and body parts atttached so ya might have to find some full metal jackets for that 223

bench and field

i often hear shooters complain of a certain bench that is not as solid as they would like. but i have found field shooters are grateful for any kind of a rest. i see bench shooters pack up because the wind is blowing, a day on the prarie is always windy. to me hitting a small live target at 200 yards is good shooting in the field. and hitting at two hundred is only going to make a better shooter.

Chuck shooting contest?

Is this derby in Idaho falls still on for 2012? I shoot nearly every day here to the west of Idaho Falls and would LOVE to participate in any rock chuck shooting 'events'!

Back