$2000 Budget Two Gun Challenge

$2000 Budget Two Gun Challenge

Sig P22X (I love the Elite Stainless but anything else is fair game as well)
GP100 4"
686 4"
Beretta 92FS
CZ75/85
STI Trojan 5" (stainless strongly preferred but probably too expensive for the exercise)
Baby Desert Eagle - steel
Colt King Cobra
Other 1911 in the $700+ range made in the USA

2 grand to spend on 2 guns.

If it was me, one would be a stainless Springfield Milspec. A basic 1911, pretty much the only 1911 that appeals to me, and inexpensive enough that I'm not going to fret when it picks up the inevitable marks of use, abuse and handling.

Nothing else on your list really appeals to me.

With $2000 to spend -- there are so many options.
For me -- 1911 9mm for range fun and a Kahr K9 9mm for EDC.
1. 5" 1911 9mm:
--- STI Trojan Blue ($1000),
--- Kimber Custom II Target SS ($8-900)
--- Springfield Armory Loaded SS ($8-900),
--- STI Spartan - Blue?/Parkerized ($7-750).
2. Kahr K9 9mm ($650-700)

Have you shot the items on your list or at least held them to figure out if they fit in your hand with proper grip and good trigger reach?

For EDC, have you thought about how it will be carried - IWB, OWB, 2, 3, 4 O'clock or pocket carry? Seems like most of the handguns listed are big and heavy for EDC --- doable but not as comfortable than smaller lighter weight handguns.

Ak71, if I read your post correctly you have your heart set on one 1911 platform auto-loader, correct? So I would look for a Colt Combat Commander in either 9 M/M or .45 the choice is yours. As for a classic revolver my choice in the following order would be,(all Smith and Wesson's) (1) M- 27 3 1/2", (2)- M-19 4", (3) M-19 2 1/2" (4) M-586 4".

Best what ever you do.

I'll be the one to suggest something not on the Original Poster's list, this time around. :rolleyes:

Any 1911 that suits your fancy, for sure.

And I would add: a J-Frame style revolver; for that quick run out to the store in shorts and a T-shirt: nothing conceals better, in my opinion. The down side: they are no fun on the range.

Good luck.

I would suggest a CZ 75 Compact or CZ P-01 in 9mm for the EDC. That should be somewhere in the ballpark of $600. Add to that a Ruger GP100 revolver, I kinda like the stainless version, which will set you back another $700 or so. That leaves a bunch of coin left over for holsters, extra magazines and speed loaders, or even a bigger gun safe.

None of the ones you posted in your first post. I'd get a Glock gen 4 model 22 for everything and nothing else. No safe queens here. Guns were meant for using.

His post was from someone who wants to enjoy some conception of the finer things in life. No Glock need apply.

He wants Gosling's Black Seal and you offer up Captain Morgan?:rolleyes:

I did this excercise 10 years ago. My choices were a 1911 in the Commander size for EDC and I am still carrying that Commander...............every day. I felt a medium to large frame revolver would be a nice addition as a rough country/hiking/ camping gun so got the Ruger GP100 in a 4" barrel. I've since "upped the ante" to a Ruger Redhawk but I like calibers that start in 4. I believe you can get a Commander for around $1,000.00 and a GP100 for about $600.00 Those were my choices but you need to get what fits.

Last edited:
Back