2 Kahr questions well really 3

Slide Lock Problem?

M1911

Thanks for the input--I went to the site and looked around. For now, I dug out an old, Commander-size Sparks Summer Special, and the P9 fits quite well. I have worn it constantly for the past two days and find hat I actually forget I have the pistol in my waistband.

Also--Went to range and put over 100 rounds hrough the little pistol. I am amazed at how quickly I became accustomed to it and was able to make point-shoulder head shots on a silhouette at seven yards. Decent group from a rest at 25 yards, though the group is some four or five inches low.

I am told that there is some problem with the Kahrs being known for locking the slide open while using +P ammo. Are you or anyone else familiar with this?

Best,
Johnny

MOLON LABE!

Hit the search button again for that one Johnny... You'll find ALL the info you need to know about Kahr P9's and slide lockback...

For a quick overview, try this:

Remove the slide-lock pin from your pistol per user's guide. If there is a small, black screw on the polymer frame under the slide-lock, you should have NO problems. If there's not, then you eventually will, and the pistol needs to go to Kahr for the "upgrade".

Well crapo, the P9 I was looking at is not upgraded. And the price is higher than I remember $550! Now I realize that night sights cost a little extra but come on! Maybe I will look at the K9 I saw in another shop. It was more like 350. I am all in favor of paying a little more to keep a local shop in business, but $550 for used gun that needs to go back to the factory! Sorry Rant mode off.

Geez Cobra... It may just be me, but I'd have to pull out my condescending attitude and go back for another attempt at that P9...

I'd point out the "early production" flaw, and that it would have to go back to the factory, and that BRAND SPANKING NEW P9's with night sites run in the $450 - $500 range. Then there's the fact that the new P40 is on the market now as well... Then I'd show him the cash...

If you do it right, and the shop guy's not a jerk, you may get outa there for $400 or less with a P9... Sure, you gotta send it back to Kahr, but they will reimburse you for shipping.

Like I've said before... I LOVE my P9!!!

I own an E9 and a K40. I paid $275 for the E9 and I like it very well. I had bobbles till I had shot 200 rounds and it hasn't stuttered since. When its grungy finish wears off I will have it redone. After firing it a lot the trigger is very good . I hold the E9 in enough esteem to have purchased a Rosen holster for it. Regards, Richard

I found an LNIB police trade in K9 yesterday. K9 points better than the p9 for me so I offered them 325 for it. Ended up buying it 350 they threw in two boxes of gold dots and free range time. Probably not a great deal but they were reasonable and willing to deal. The weight isnt that big of a deal for me. K9 weighs less than the BHP and CZ I am carrying on. Thanks Guys.

Back