2 Kahr questions well really 3

cobraman

1. What's a fair price for a used LNIB P9 with Night sights
2. Whats a fair price for Used LNIB E9?
3. Is the Kahr an approved backup weapon for Customs or Immigration? (I am applying to both Agencies)
Thanks
Matt

Hold-on, man, give us a chance.:)

I've seen a NEW P9 as low as $419, and you can figure at least $50 for night sights. You didn't post what the seller was asking for his. As to the E9, it was made two ways. The early ones have matte blued frames, and the latest ones have stainless frames. Both come with matte blued slides. Personally, I would want to be well under $300 for blued, and may bump just over $300 for the stainless. If you don't mind blued, there is someone in the SG News selling police-trade K9s for under $300. You'll get a nicer trigger, and the ability to easily replace the front sight if you choose.(The E series are staked-in.) You also get the soft-rubber grips instead of the hard nylon ones.:)

I agree with VictorL. Best I have seen a new P9 for was $449, so a used one depending on condition, box, and papers, should still be under $400. E9 being the economy version in blue should be under $300 and I have not seen the stainless E9.

Ok E9 is not a bargain. Looks like the P9 is a little on the high side. I need to look elsewhere I guess.
Thanks Guys.

Dealer at a gunshow a couple of weeks ago said Kahr is putting Elite triggers in all its new guns, including the P40. From what I understand, this trigger, formerly found only in the Elite series, has a shorter, smoother stroke than those in the other models. The dealer says Kahr won't start advertising this decision until its older inventory has moved into the market. Don't know what serial nrs to look for, but, according to this guy, the P40 has the new trigger.

Kahr has always put the elite trigger in it's P9, and I would assume the P40 as well, but it's good to hear that ALL (if I'm reading you right) new ones will have it. There's a BIG difference in the feel of the two.

My experience purchasing the P9 mirrors what everyone else says (without NiteSites for $449). I would suggest that you decide how much you want to pay for it, and just offer that amount to the dealer. He can only say no. I would think $400 out the door would be a good price. $400 + tax at MOST...

My only experience with Kahr prices are from my local shop. I bought a used but minty MK9 with night sights for $400 including box, manual and extra mag. New, I believe that gun is close to $600.

I called a couple of place in here in Central Florida including the Place that sells Kahrs to FHP. Prices seem higher in FL for some reason. Anyway I am going to see if I can deal on the P9 today, if not no great loss

I think the prices are higher in FL because of the concern that you might go into a store and get confused and order the wrong weapon. You might actually be intending to purchase one model but mark down a different one. I understand this to be a big problem in FL :D

Nah we dont have that problem in Seminole county We voted for Bush. Its just the geezer in West Palm. One web site had a K9 listed at 519 and thats the Law Enforcement Discount!

You may want to consider buying one from out of state and have it shipped to your local FFL if prices are that outrageous. I just ordered a NIB Kahr MK9 Elite 98 w/ night sights with LE discount out of Arizona for $540. Check out GunsAmerica.com, dealers on the Kahr web site, Shotgun News, Gun List, etc.

[Edited by Runner on 03-14-2001 at 06:36 PM]

That sounds high for used police Kahrs...

Look around, you should do better on prices than that! I'm in Central Florida, too, near Melbourne, and I just bought a nice used police-trade K9 for $250, with a Bianchi 3S holster. The price was lower because the bluing on the slide was holster worn and blotchy from the previous owner, but for right now, Brownell's Oxpho Blue is sufficing until I can get the whole gun parkerized. Heck, at that price I couldn't pass it up, I'd been pricing the little guys for quite some time. The trigger is pretty darned smooth for a DAO autopistol, but it sounds like I want an Elite trigger, how would I know by looking at it, in the event the previous owner may have already done the upgrade? Here's a pic, along with my Officer's ACP for size comparison:

View

Cobraman, last time I was in there, East Orange Gun Range in Orlando had a used P9 with night sights. I can't remember the price, but it's been there a while, so might be willing to deal.

Hey JFrancis thats the one I was looking at. They want 524 for it. I know it has night sights but I think 524 is a bit much for a used Kahr.
Shooters Den has a Matte Black K9 for 499 used also seemd high to me.

Gewehr98 where did you find that K9 I am willing to do some driving for a real deal.

Cobraman...

I know it would be a DRIVE, but you could head to the GA or AL border, find a good price on a Kahr there, and I'd be willing to bet they'd have an "arrangement" with a shop in FL where they could send it, and you could pick it up, for around $20 extra. GA & AL have great prices on most firearms...

Cobraman, I found that K9 at a small shop called Action Outfitters in Melbourne, Florida. They have a bunch of new K9's, as well as the MK9, and polymer P9, but that was the only used one they had at the time, and of course, I pounced on it. Dometimes B&H Gun Rack in Merritt Island, FL has them come in, they also stock new Kahrs and magazines.

Hmmmm

Owner of the shop with the P9 left me a voicemail. Me thinks he wants to deal. I will say this. East Orange Gun Range is run by some stand up guys.

ALL MY DOLLARS ARE BELONG TO THE GUN SHOPS!

You Guys Did This To Me!

I saw an as-new P9 at a local shop yesterday at what seemed like a good price. Came to SemiAuto Forum and found this topic. Went back today and haggled a little--Largely based mainly on the fact that the little trigger lock/block was missing. Ended up buying it.

Got a Glock 19 last week. Got a Kahr this week. I have 'WAY overspent my shootin' budget this month.

Anyway--What kind of holster does anyone here suggest for strong side concealment?

Best,
Johnny

MOLON LABE!

Back