1916 Webley Mk. VI Curious Markings...

The Canadian broad arrow had it in a 'C'. Never one like that either.

Err no ...

You are correct regards the C proof but wrong about the use of the 'crows foot' broad arrow. The 'crows foot' proof ( Shown large on the Webley ) is the very same proof used within the Canadian Government mark ... I have seen it first hand on my own rifles and it is clearly marked in the official records.

My point is that the 'crows foot' broad arrow was used by the Canadians as well as the British ... and
it is found within the C ( Canadian Government ) proof - it is very small however within the C. There are three variations of the broad arrow with the 'crows foot' broad arrow proof being simply one.

I suggest you go look more closely at the C proof again ...

Tiki.

Last edited:
the HB 2 marking is a Birmingham commercial proof mark and shows it was submitted for proof in 1957 (or 1959 if it turns out to be KB).

standard.jpg

(representative illustration of some types of Birmingham mark)

Mk VII - I know a little of the history of this revolver since it was imported into the U. S. and I believe that the original owner did purchase it at or around that time you specify. I'm not sure whether or not import markings were used at that time. There are none that I can identify as such.

Back